Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Todd Schnitt just reminded how and why people like him are dumbing down this country

So I am driving home after grabbing some dinner and my radio lands on "The Schnitt Show"...

He plays a clip of a pretty stupid sounding woman in Ohio screaming "I got an Obama phone!! An Obama phone!! Romney SUCKS!!!"

He plays this about 3-4 times (including a music parody)... ridicules the woman.. ridicules "Obama phones"...blasts Obama for it.. generally makes a big joke of the whole thing for about 10-15 minutes.

Finally he reads an article to explain what an "Obama phone" actually is.... It's a 1988 act of congress that has a small tax added to every phone bill which allows phone companies to give free phone lines (and today cell phones) to poor and needy Americans. He continued to read the article which then said (paraphrased) "In 2011 the SEC found major irregularities in the program and the Obama administration began cracking down, forcing phone companies to prove the people receiving these free phone's were properly deserving of them... many have since been dropped from the program"

he said this in the matter of maybe a minute.. in a low monotone voice.. then went back to loudly making fun of Obama, this woman, and the "Obama phone" for the entirety of my ride home...

To sum it up.. Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush created a program that went bad in the last few years, and President Obama has cracked down on the problem to make sure the program they started works properly... how did the right wing present this? As Obama handing out free phones to ignorant black people to get them to vote for him... and thus "Obama Phones"

Sadly... many people listen to people like Schnitt and ignore that 30-60 second disclaimer proving everything else he was saying was a blatant lie. This is how we have 20% of the country believing Obama is a terrorist born in kenya... these people profit on the ignorance of their own audience.. and its killing our country. This is where the tea party comes from.
    Last edited by Imac7065; 02-13-2013 at 12:28 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the program was formed to allow an individual to keep local and emergency land line services, you could not participate in the program but have added features such as call waiting.
    it was not cellphone service with options that can be added.

being from Ohio, I am very familiar with the clip. A group of people were bussed in to protest Romney, the whole clip is funny in the same way I have heard dumb anti obama slang from some people.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

A) I'm sure the act has been modified to adjust with the times.. in 1988 cell phones and caller id were in their infancy

B) are you really attempting to defend the guy lying about what he's talking about then making a giant joke about it?

This is like a left wing radio host finding a clip with a red neck screaming how glad he was that Bush gave him a free shotgun.. then making a giant joke about "bush guns" for 20-30 minutes lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

no,just stating the facts. did you hear the interview in full?

the whole clip is funny in the same way I have heard dumb anti obama slang from some people.

when did bush give out shotguns?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

So I am driving home after grabbing some dinner and my radio lands on "The Schnitt Show"...

He plays a clip of a pretty stupid sounding woman in Ohio screaming "I got an Obama phone!! An Obama phone!! Romney SUCKS!!!"

He plays this about 3-4 times (including a music parody)... ridicules the woman.. ridicules "Obama phones"...blasts Obama for it.. generally makes a big joke of the whole thing for about 10-15 minutes.

Finally he reads an article to explain what an "Obama phone" actually is.... It's a 1988 act of congress that has a small tax added to every phone bill which allows phone companies to give free phone lines (and today cell phones) to poor and needy Americans. He continued to read the article which then said (paraphrased) "In 2011 the SEC found major irregularities in the program and the Obama administration began cracking down, forcing phone companies to prove the people receiving these free phone's were properly deserving of them... many have since been dropped from the program"

he said this in the matter of maybe a minute.. in a low monotone voice.. then went back to loudly making fun of Obama, this woman, and the "Obama phone" for the entirety of my ride home...

To sum it up.. Ronald Reagan and George HW Bush created a program that went bad in the last few years, and President Obama has cracked down on the problem to make sure the program they started works properly... how did the right wing present this? As Obama handing out free phones to ignorant black people to get them to vote for him... and thus "Obama Phones"

Sadly... many people listen to people like Schnitt and ignore that 30-60 second disclaimer proving everything else he was saying was a blatant lie. This is how we have 20% of the country believing Obama is a terrorist born in kenya... these people profit on the ignorance of their own audience.. and its killing our country. This is where the tea party comes from.

It's like the time a while back, where Faux News spent the better part of 2 days interviewing hundreds and hundreds of black people who were walking around "The Mall" and adjacent DC areas.

Once they found their "patsy", they filmed the interview and ran the only one they had.

Faux News Reporter; "Ma am, why did you come to D.C.?"

Elderly Black Woman; "Ta get me somma dat Free Obama Money!"

As it turns out. She was rewarded and paid by Faux News, and left without any Free Obama Money, only Faux News patronage money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

interesting to learn the origins of the program. I never really heard anything about it until they got coined Obama Phones.

shrew, he's not saying bush gave out shotguns.

SCF Rewards
    Country

good, I thought I missed out on a free one!!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's like the time a while back, where Faux News spent the better part of 2 days interviewing hundreds and hundreds of black people who were walking around "The Mall" and adjacent DC areas.

Once they found their "patsy", they filmed the interview and ran the only one they had.

Faux News Reporter; "Ma am, why did you come to D.C.?"

Elderly Black Woman; "Ta get me somma dat Free Obama Money!"

As it turns out. She was rewarded and paid by Faux News, and left without any Free Obama Money, only Faux News patronage money.

Funny how they do that, but when it's an issue like gun control they bring in a former Vice President...who shot his friend in the face.