Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Darryl Sittler has the only Hockey Night tape from 10-point game, and you canít have

Last week marked the 37th anniversary of Darryl Sittler's remarkable, unmatched 10-point game, a February 7, 1976 thumping of the Boston Bruins in which Sittler dropped a staggering 6 goals and 4 assists as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs. It's a record that may never be broken, especially the way the game is played nowadays.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0658--nhl.html
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

Two NHL records that will not be broken:

Mario scoring in all 5 ways in one game: Even Strength, Power Play, Short-Handed, Penalty-Shot, Empty Net.

Sittler's 10 Points.

50 Goals in 39 games and 92 in a season maybe difficult to beat...

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Mario scoring in all 5 ways in one game: Even Strength, Power Play, Short-Handed, Penalty-Shot, Empty Net.
    That's not really a record, it's an accomplishment. That also makes it impossible to break, and the best anyone could do would be to match the accomplishment.

And I don't see it happening again anytime soon, either.

Another accomplishment that I believe has only been done perhaps 3 times by players in NHL careers, Mario being one of them ........

First Goal, on his First Shot, in his First Shift, in his First Game.

The 8 point game by Sam Gagner was crazy last year. In comparing eras I'd say it is almost as impressive as the 10 points Sittler got in 1 game! Less goals are scored now per game by a good margin.
    I collect MATS SUNDIN & NIKOLAI KULEMIN! Hidden Content (UPDATING)
    My Complete Kulemin Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Craig2 View Post
    That's not really a record, it's an accomplishment. That also makes it impossible to break, and the best anyone could do would be to match the accomplishment.

And I don't see it happening again anytime soon, either.

Well, there would be one (impossible) way to break it...the 13er
    1. Even strength
    2. 5-on-4 PP
    3. 5-on-3 PP
    4. 5-on-4 PK
    5. 5-on-3 PK
    6. ES PS
    7. 5-on-4 PP PS
    8. 5-on-3 PP PS
    9. 5-on-4 PK PS
    10. 5-on-3 PK PS
    11. PP EN
    12. PK EN
    13. ES EN

I think that would cover every possible way. But even if it were possible, you'd have to have 3 different EN goals with 3 different man power situations.

Shootouts don't happen in a game if an Empty Net goal is scored prior to the end of the game, so a shootout cannot happen if an EN is also required.

Unless the other team ties after the Empty net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast