Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    There was no intent on Karlsson, TSN's Aaron Ward made that perfectly clear, but his previous sociopathic antics are sickening, but guess put even Jack the Ripper in a pens uni and he is A ok with you. If Crosby or Malkin were one of his previous head or knee shot victims, instead of Lecavalier, Savard, Markov etc etc etc you would be singing a different tune.Your Homer bias is showing out the ying yang.
    Trouba/# Star RC's/Current star Bruin's/Ovy/Selanne/Eye Candy

    KEEP CALM and BERGERON.

    Bucket: Hidden Content

  2. #22

    09232003's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,521
    Country
    Card Cash
    433.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyes View Post
    There was no intent on Karlsson, TSN's Aaron Ward made that perfectly clear, but his previous sociopathic antics are sickening, but guess put even Jack the Ripper in a pens uni and he is A ok with you. If Crosby or Malkin were one of his previous head or knee shot victims, instead of Lecavalier, Savard, Markov etc etc etc you would be singing a different tune.Your Homer bias is showing out the ying yang.
    why do you feel the need to attack me on this thread, I never said anything to attack you!

    so if there was no intent then why was it a dirty hit? Never mind the past, the past is the past
    This hit was cleaning, it was too bad that someone got hurt but it was not the fault of Matt Cooke

    as for the jack the Ripper comment, I have something to say but I will take the hi road here and not stoop to childish comments.
    Hidden Content
    tradepage/photobucket
    Hidden Content
    "I also Trade based on BV, Not SV so dont quote me Ebay Sales"

  3. #23
    A lot of people have been saying it's a routine play and freak accident, etc. but if there's anyone who I have reason to believe would intentionally injure someone, it's Matt Cooke. I hadn't even seen that video that Harri posted above until now, and that is a TON of intents to injure somebody. At the very least, it was a careless and reckless play.

    As for saying that Chris Neil is the problem in hockey in a thread about Matt Cooke, ummmm I don't think so. Always funny when one person dismisses someone's thoughts as biased, and then posts their own biased thoughts in the same post. Neil was going after Cooke for injuring his teammate, but was he out trying to take out Cooke's knees? Or catch him with a late shoulder to the head? No, he wanted to fight him, fairly, which is something Matt Cooke doesn't believe in.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 09232003 View Post
    why do you feel the need to attack me on this thread, I never said anything to attack you!

    so if there was no intent then why was it a dirty hit? Never mind the past, the past is the past
    This hit was cleaning, it was too bad that someone got hurt but it was not the fault of Matt Cooke

    as for the jack the Ripper comment, I have something to say but I will take the hi road here and not stoop to childish comments.
    I'm not attacking you, just think your biased because an otherwise total creep plays for your team. As for the past being the past, maybe think about how Savard feels today, not being able to sit in a well lit room let alone having the dream of playing in the NHL taken away from him by a goon with no conscience.. As for my metaphor, big whoop, its just that, he did kill a great players career and drastically reduced his quality of life. If you think that is cool, fair enough.

    enjoy your day.
    Trouba/# Star RC's/Current star Bruin's/Ovy/Selanne/Eye Candy

    KEEP CALM and BERGERON.

    Bucket: Hidden Content

  5. #25
    I am not a fan of Cooke because of his previous actions but that is not a part of what happened here. It was a accident plain and simple, you see that hit in every game many times a period

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by 09232003 View Post
    sounds like your bias toward the Penguins Matt cooke, since you said who care if it was on purpose or not
    Clearly his intent was to pin the player against the board and not to willfully try to mame or cut Karlsson.

    If anyone acted with intent in the game it was the goon chris neil going after cooke later in the game, guys like neil are the problem in the league

    anyways hope karlsson can recover and come back in the 13-14 season

    jim


    Jim: Over 50% of the time you post on the Hockey chat it is to defend Matt Cooke. It used to be an odd trend, now it's every time somebody has anything to say about him. Go back and look at your own posts if you don't believe me, and BTW, avoid mirrors.
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

    Want List:Hidden Content

  7. #27

    09232003's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,521
    Country
    Card Cash
    433.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by game8 View Post
    I am not a fan of Cooke because of his previous actions but that is not a part of what happened here. It was a accident plain and simple, you see that hit in every game many times a period
    +1
    Hidden Content
    tradepage/photobucket
    Hidden Content
    "I also Trade based on BV, Not SV so dont quote me Ebay Sales"

  8. #28

    09232003's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,521
    Country
    Card Cash
    433.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Jim: Over 50% of the time you post on the Hockey chat it is to defend Matt Cooke. It used to be an odd trend, now it's every time somebody has anything to say about him. Go back and look at your own posts if you don't believe me, and BTW, avoid mirrors.
    not sure what your talking about, if you have the proof I would like to see it about me defending cooke all the time
    yes he plays on my fav team of the penguins but that does not mean he is a fav player of mine
    I dont actully like or collect him, but that aside this incident with karlsson was an accident pure and simple
    Hidden Content
    tradepage/photobucket
    Hidden Content
    "I also Trade based on BV, Not SV so dont quote me Ebay Sales"

  9. #29
    Go back and look at your posts, you defend him on here without provocation constantly. No matter what he has done, you defend him, including the hit on Marc Savard that ended his career.
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

    Want List:Hidden Content

  10. #30
    Look I am not a Cooke fan at all. I think he got away with murder on the Savard hit with no penalty on the play or suspension for the incident but this current incident was completely accidental and a freak play that was most definitely unintentional. Cooke and Karlsson were battling for the puck along the boards as Cooke tries to pin Karlsson he is on one skate and losing balance. He then tries to regain balance by putting his other skate back on the ice. Instead it hits the back of Karlsson's ankle. Look at the video. Cooke's head was turned the wrong way so he didn't even notice where he was placing his skate. A bit careless and reckless but not malicious intent to take out the Sens best player.
    I collect MATS SUNDIN & NIKOLAI KULEMIN! Hidden Content (UPDATING)
    My Complete Kulemin Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •