Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure that people are going to be pointing fingers at Matt Cooke over this, as it was his skate that did the damage, but I don't believe he did so deliberately or with any intent to injure.

I was watching the game when it happened...personally, knowing what Cooke has done in the past, I think it was deliberate. It is not very often you see a guy's skate go up on another guy's leg. That was my initial reaction when I saw it happen, before I knew how badly he was hurt.

With both Spezza and Karlsson out, I think Ottawa's chances of making the playoffs are now pretty slim.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I was watching the game when it happened...personally, knowing what Cooke has done in the past, I think it was deliberate. It is not very often you see a guy's skate go up on another guy's leg. That was my initial reaction when I saw it happen, before I knew how badly he was hurt.With both Spezza and Karlsson out, I think Ottawa's chances of making the playoffs are now pretty slim.

I was also watching the game and I disagree with you. Cooke was looking the opposite way. You have to admit that he has changed. I have been watching him every game since be has been a pen. He doesn't plaster anyone from behind anymore like he used to. I understand his past but I see no evidence that he did it on purpose. I love watching karlsson and feel bad for the guy.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

This is a big loss for Ottawa but dont write them off just yet, they have lots of other players that can step up.

As for the hit on Karlsson, its was not cooke's intent to wilfully cause this injury, it was a hockey hit or play that occurs thousands of time a game, was watching it live and it was a bang bang play. I watched the dallas/clgary game and saw it 3 times the same style of hit but not the same end result.

I hope the best for karlsson, hopefully he can fully recover and be back for next year

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

After severing his achilles in his early 20's. 83 year old Teemu Selanne is leading the Ducks in scoring, it will take some time, but Karlsson will make a full recovery and win several more Norris trophies.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I was also watching the game and I disagree with you.

I was not watching the game but to me it's clear that Cooke did it on purpose. Do you think this was the last 'accident'?
    Cooke is one of the biggest rats ever played in NHL.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country

^O-O...wow after seeing that clip, who cares if it was on purpose or not, on Karlsson, the little rat should be banned from the league, maybe let John Scott beat the weasal out of him first though...or Evander Kane! just watched the video of him one punch KO of Cooke.
    Last edited by mooneyes; 02-14-2013 at 02:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

^O-O...wow after seeing that clip, who cares if it was on purpose or not, on Karlsson, the little rat should be banned from the league, maybe let John Scott beat the weasal out of him first though...or Evander Kane! just watched the video of him one punch KO of Cooke.

sounds like your bias toward the Penguins Matt cooke, since you said who care if it was on purpose or not
    Clearly his intent was to pin the player against the board and not to willfully try to mame or cut Karlsson.

If anyone acted with intent in the game it was the goon chris neil going after cooke later in the game, guys like neil are the problem in the league

anyways hope karlsson can recover and come back in the 13-14 season

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

sounds like your bias toward the Penguins Matt cooke, since you said who care if it was on purpose or not
    Clearly his intent was to pin the player against the board and not to willfully try to mame or cut Karlsson.

If anyone acted with intent in the game it was the goon chris neil going after cooke later in the game, guys like neil are the problem in the league

anyways hope karlsson can recover and come back in the 13-14 season

jim

ah did you watch the video, all the kneees and heads he went after, the entire league is biased against him! So much so he self admittedly said he had to change the way he played. And yeah, ending the career of Mark Savard was just lovely.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

jim

After what Cooke (again, again, again..) did, you really think that biggest problem is goon who wanna hit that rat to the other planet? No, guys like Matt Cooke is the leagues biggest problem's. They hit after dark and they're good what they do.

harri

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

After what Cooke (again, again, again..) did, you really think that biggest problem is goon who wanna hit that rat to the other planet? No, guys like Matt Cooke is the leagues biggest problem's. They hit after dark and they're good what they do.

harri

Hit was clean, your bais against cooke is showing here, yes in the past he has had some issues but NOT on this hit. No penalty called , nothing but contact made here, unfortunate his skate made contact on karlssons ankle. whatch the heads and the sticks you will see the momentum carries them into the boards and sticks get up alittle and both guys lose some balance.

anywasy you see it one way, I see it another. guess we agree to disagree.

jim

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast