Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,471
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Voting someone into office gives them great power and prestige. Do you really equate the act of voting to help them reach that status with saying you like a certain musician or athlete?
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  2. #42


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea about previous posts.

    I've never said one thing or another about Cain or West, but they certainly are strong black men who stand up for themselves, just like Obama, Farrakhan, or Sharpton. Or do you think Cain and West are timid wallflowers? Personally, I don't care for the President because I disagree with almost all of his policies and I think he is a weak leader, Farrakhan is a blatant racist, and Sharpton is a manipulative media ™™™™™.
    I agree with all of that except the part about Obama being a weak leader. If he was really weak, he'd give in to the half of the country that hates him (for whatever reason). Quite frankly, what you people have (needlessly) put him through is insane, even for a politician. The fact that he's still there is alone enough to prove he's not weak. I don't think he's doing a great job, but weak? Please. Bush was weak. He just took orders from Cheney and played on his ranch. That's weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    Also, how often did we hear cries of racism because America wouldn't vote for a black man? Now a conservative turns around and tries to use the same argument to prove they are not racist and it is not legitimate? Why?
    As veg pointed out, it smells of "some of my best friends are black" which we all know is a "I can say whatever I want" statement. There's a difference between claiming to not be racist and actually not being racist. It's not an absolute truth, but when someone starts spouting off as the poster in question did, it's almost certain you're listening to a racist who is too scared to make actual racist statements for fear of reprisal. It's not just his exact words that are taken into consideration. There's context, connotations and previous experience.
    Basically, you can't go around making veiled racist comments and then wash it away with "but I'm not racist". It's like me going on about Republicans and then saying "but I'm not biased". It's just not true.

    If you feel the need to prove you're not racist, you probably are. If you can't handle someone calling you a racist when you aren't, then you probably actually are.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    Voting someone into office gives them great power and prestige. Do you really equate the act of voting to help them reach that status with saying you like a certain musician or athlete?
    I agree if someone gets voted into an office such as POTUS they do get great power and prestege. That being said publically supporting a complete idiot who happens to be black and who does a snowman's chance in hell of winning the anything under the guise of pretending not to be a racist is just plain pathetic.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. #44



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,471
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I agree with all of that except the part about Obama being a weak leader. If he was really weak, he'd give in to the half of the country that hates him (for whatever reason). Quite frankly, what you people have (needlessly) put him through is insane, even for a politician. The fact that he's still there is alone enough to prove he's not weak. I don't think he's doing a great job, but weak? Please. Bush was weak. He just took orders from Cheney and played on his ranch. That's weak.


    As veg pointed out, it smells of "some of my best friends are black" which we all know is a "I can say whatever I want" statement. There's a difference between claiming to not be racist and actually not being racist. It's not an absolute truth, but when someone starts spouting off as the poster in question did, it's almost certain you're listening to a racist who is too scared to make actual racist statements for fear of reprisal. It's not just his exact words that are taken into consideration. There's context, connotations and previous experience.
    Basically, you can't go around making veiled racist comments and then wash it away with "but I'm not racist". It's like me going on about Republicans and then saying "but I'm not biased". It's just not true.

    If you feel the need to prove you're not racist, you probably are. If you can't handle someone calling you a racist when you aren't, then you probably actually are.
    It's a lose lose situation for the accused then. Say nothing against charges of racism and people will most likely believe the charges. Defend yourself and according to you they are obviously guilty because they feel the need to defend themselves.

    Maybe that is why the left deploys racism as a political tool so often; it is extremely hard to defend and so damaging to the accused.
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  5. #45


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    It's a lose lose situation for the accused then. Say nothing against charges of racism and people will most likely believe the charges. Defend yourself and according to you they are obviously guilty because they feel the need to defend themselves.

    Maybe that is why the left deploys racism as a political tool so often; it is extremely hard to defend and so damaging to the accused.
    So the right needs to let go and be the adults don't they. Stop screaming "I like Herman Cain!" like it matters and just move on. If you need to point to examples, that's all you have; examples. If you live it, there's no need to say it. If everyone on the left is just making wild accusations, why are you dignifying them with responses?
    I disagree with veg about Cain. I think he's black as black gets. I just think he's an idiot. Idiots come in all colours and to say his ideas make the colour of his skin different is wrong.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  6. #46



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,471
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    So if someone charges me with being a pedophile I just let it go? You know he made some veiled comments about liking children, must be hiding his pedophilia. Only your close friends and family truly know how you live, so when these accusations get thrown out in the public arena, they can't simply be ignored. Of course you're going to defend yourself.
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  7. #47


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    So if someone charges me with being a pedophile I just let it go? You know he made some veiled comments about liking children, must be hiding his pedophilia. Only your close friends and family truly know how you live, so when these accusations get thrown out in the public arena, they can't simply be ignored. Of course you're going to defend yourself.
    If there is zero basis to the charge, there is zero need to defend against it.
    If there is need to defend against it, there is basis in the charge.

    Obviously this isn't an absolute truth and self-defense doesn't equate guilt. I watch as people say Republicans are racist and neglect to back it up in any way shape or form. Immediately a Republican stands up and says "How can we be racist? We have Herman Cain!" or something equally as meaningless. If there's no basis to the claim, the only defense needed is, "Based on what?"

    But few say that.

    Most point to members like Cain, or to what the Republican party did 60 years, or something else they think means something. They feel the need to defend it even though it's baseless. That's where the truth comes out.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •