Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

No, he said that the bottom feeders vote for liberals/democrats because democrats are the ones that support the policies that allow the bottom feeders to get a larger share of the wealth created by the productive in society.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, he said that the bottom feeders vote for liberals/democrats because democrats are the ones that support the policies that allow the bottom feeders to get a larger share of the wealth created by the productive in society.

So if I'm a liberal who votes democrat, it doesn't imply I'm a bottom feeder?

Horse hockey!

And, at the end of the day I have to look back at all the doom and bloomers who shouted the EXACT same things you are and who wrong they turned out to be when the min wage was raised $1.50.
    Basically, you're saying all the same things my boss did then. You're agreeing with a guy I watched douse himself in methyl hydrate, light a match and then wonder alloud why he caught fire.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

So if I'm a liberal who votes democrat, it doesn't imply I'm a bottom feeder?

Horse hockey!

And, at the end of the day I have to look back at all the doom and bloomers who shouted the EXACT same things you are and who wrong they turned out to be when the min wage was raised $1.50.
    Basically, you're saying all the same things my boss did then. You're agreeing with a guy I watched douse himself in methyl hydrate, light a match and then wonder alloud why he caught fire.

There are plenty of middle class and wealthy liberals. How can they be bottom feeders if they are providing the wealth that the bottom feeders consume? You're trying to see something that isn't there to try and paint anyone who disagrees with you in a negative light.

If raising the minimum wage has no effect, then why not make it $15/hour? Why not $20 or $25?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

There are plenty of middle class and wealthy liberals. How can they be bottom feeders if they are providing the wealth that the bottom feeders consume? You're trying to see something that isn't there to try and paint anyone who disagrees with you in a negative light.

If raising the minimum wage has no effect, then why not make it $15/hour? Why not $20 or $25?

If raising min wage did what you say, I would currently live in hell. In reality, I live in the Province with the beat economy in the country with the best economy.
    People were saying all the same things you are. You're literally giving me nothing new whatsoever.
    It never happened. How do you not understand this? It. Just. Didn't. Happen.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

You didn't answer my question. If minimum wage doesn't matter then why not make it even higher?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You didn't answer my question. If minimum wage doesn't matter then why not make it even higher?

I was trying to be nice, but Ok.

That's a stupid question. We're talking about a $1.65 here. I'm comparing it to the $1.50 raise that happened where I live. I'm saying none of your doom and gloom happened here(so based on reality) while you're giving me your rendition of Mad Max (based on Hollywood garbage).

So it was a stupid question. Happy?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'll ask a question that is equal to yours, but the other way.
    Why not abolish minimum wage completely and reinstate slavery?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

I'll answer yours but I'll expect an answer to mine.

Your question implies a link between slavery and the minimum wage, but there is not one. I would have no problem getting rid of minimum wage. The market would determine the fair rate for unskilled labor and provide motivation for people to acquire skills that the marketplace values. Slavery, on the other hand, should not be reinstated because it is vile and dehumanizing. There is nothing dehumanizing about giving someone a paycheck equivalent to the skill and expertise that they provide. Each job is a trade. I trade my work and receive fair compensation in return. Why should we only abandon this principle at the low end of the wage scale?

If employers are going to overpay for anything, shouldn't it be the unique and valuable rather than the common and easily replaceable?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

I was trying to be nice, but Ok.

That's a stupid question. We're talking about a $1.65 here. I'm comparing it to the $1.50 raise that happened where I live. I'm saying none of your doom and gloom happened here(so based on reality) while you're giving me your rendition of Mad Max (based on Hollywood garbage).

So it was a stupid question. Happy?

I'll try a different way. Do you believe at some point, raising the minimum wage will have a negative effect on the economy?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yes slavely is vile and dehumanizing but the powers that be love the system the way it is. Look at it. There are more jobs than people. Employers can pretty much do whatever the hell they want to the employees and as long as they pay them a couple of dollars the employee pretty much is going to suck it up and deal with it. Yes the employee can look for another job but how easy is it to quit your job today and start working somewhere else tommorrow. The employeer can also crack the whip over the employee by saying if you don't like your job and dont like to do as your told there are thouusands of people waiting in line to replace you. No it's not slavery but a lot of these jobs are experts in degrading their workers.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast