Why is International Shipping so much

Wow I went to ship a 2 packages to Australia and one was less than 5 ounces had 5 cards in it and it cost me $12.75 another had 1 card in it and it cost me $6.25 holy cow I dont think I will be shipping International anymore with those prices. I dont understand the reason for such a big increase. So if you are thinking of trading International get ready for the BIG price hike.
    Last edited by cavsfan; 02-14-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: ?
    Collecting: Lebron James, Ap inserts and #d for the son, Terrance West

List of Lebrons I HAVE:

Hidden Content

My bucket
    Hidden Content

Oh yay!
    I collect: Orlando Magic Charlotte Bobcats UNC Alumni International Players Rudy Gay and James Harden.
    Also interested in any 2009/10 Upper Deck GU or Autos you may have.

Hidden Content

I agree with Cavsfan, think I'm done with international shipping
    Hidden Content

Looking for anything of Chris Bosh, Dallas Mavs , LBJ, All-star cards.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think it is because the USPS is including tracking in everthing now...
    Currently Collecting Cards of Auburn Alumni in ALL Sports, preferably in their College Uniforms!

Hidden Content

I myself have stopped shipping internationally due to prices and some countries mailing systems scare me.
    Hidden Content I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.
    Basketball staff needed please message me if interested in joining the staff!!

Not for International all you can get is signature and I wouldnt want to see what that cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SMVintage View Post

List of Lebrons I HAVE:

Hidden Content

My bucket
    Hidden Content

If you ship alot internationally I highly recommend stamps.com. A 1 ounce envelope costs $2.25 and if you insure it, it still will be cheaper than ebay
    Hi,
    Here is my bucket:
    Hidden Content

Everything is for sale unless its in the Sold/traded section

Quote Originally Posted by SMVintage View Post
    No they just want more money for their failing business. If people keep supporting measures that will increase the costs of shipping then the price of everything including domestic shipping will continue to go through the roof.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by howethegreat View Post
    If you ship alot internationally I highly recommend stamps.com. A 1 ounce envelope costs $2.25 and if you insure it, it still will be cheaper than ebay
    Ebay I dont think does international shipping I went to the post offfice so I have no idea why it would be so cheap on stamps.com thats thru the post office correct? I did find this and it says stamps.com is the same as going to the post office so Im not sure how you are shipping packages for $2.25 international?

http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

List of Lebrons I HAVE:

Hidden Content

My bucket
    Hidden Content

the reason why ebay is so much more is they only have first class package as an option while stamps.com they have first class large envelope rate so if its under an inch thick it can be shipped in this option
    Hi,
    Here is my bucket:
    Hidden Content

Everything is for sale unless its in the Sold/traded section