Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeap... I agree... more vets or just stop putting in So many crappy Rookies. I am happy with patches and autos of good-great players MORE than I am with RC's a lot of times if there is only 1 or 2 to get a year.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to complete some of my sets on here and other places- not because they are rare, but nobody buys the stuff anymore- and if you do get a star player-everyone keeps them.

I have been looking for about a year now to complete my 09-10 Court King Auto set. Have 2 cards left... 2! And unless I go on ebay- can't find them anywhere on here

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I love basketball and collect Kobe and Magic Johnson but pick up rookies here amd there.And like all sports if you don't have the hot ticket rookie auto (Irving and currently lilliard) nobody is interested.I am trying to collect certain cards of Magic in different insert series.makes it much more enjoyable to collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

The historical double rookie class this year for panini has made wayto many rookie autos available of players that many people are not interested in. Kevin Murphy and Courtney Fortson? That isn't what the majority of buyers want. The hot rookies from the last two years have basically been Irving, David and Lilliard. Lilliard only signs for leaf so that doesn't help the cause.

Panini has put out some good products this season such as certified and Prizm. They also have put out some products that I think bombed such as absolute,limited, and contenders. I am hoping preferred and some of the next products panini releases will come out and do well. I know many people are waiting for the rookie patch autos out of preferred.

This years draft also doesn't look like it will produce many superstars. When that happens many products don't do well. Panini would help there case if they would focus on getting more veteran stars to sign.

What is the back story there? I would assume you would want to definitely lock-up all the lottery picks to sign, year after year, no? How did multi-million dollar Panini manage to not get the surefire Rookie of the Year to sign for them? Man, talk about an epic fail..

SCF Rewards
    Country

What is the back story there? I would assume you would want to definitely lock-up all the lottery picks to sign, year after year, no? How did multi-million dollar Panini manage to not get the surefire Rookie of the Year to sign for them? Man, talk about an epic fail..

Leaf throws around money while Panini is cheap and stupid.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honest question here: I know Upper Deck tried to attain exclusive contracts with lottery players (to keep them from their competitor) and so did Topps do against Upper Deck.... but has a sub-tier company such as Press Pass or someone else, ever steal away a lottery pick from Topps/Upper Deck by outbidding them?

I can't believe there will be NBA Damian Lillard autograph rookie cards, what a joke...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

rumor is Leaf offered 3x more money per signature than Panini did. If that is true, it might be a sign of things to come, or Panini will/should realize they don't need to sign 50 rc's to signature contracts and limit the number to 20 to make sure they get the lottery guys and a few others

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Leaf looks very smart now, but at the time most people believed that Anthony Davis was the ROY favorite. Lillard did look awesome n summer league but is exactly that summer league. For the most part panini has locked up all the major rookies the last few years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Leaf looks very smart now, but at the time most people believed that Anthony Davis was the ROY favorite. Lillard did look awesome n summer league but is exactly that summer league. For the most part panini has locked up all the major rookies the last few years.

Even if he played horribly in Summer League, it wouldn't matter the same because as you said, it's exactly Summer League! Damian Lillard was a lottery pick! He was the 6th overall pick for pete's sake. Is it unreasonable to lock-up all the lottery picks at the very least? Or better to have Courtney Fortson, DeQuan Jones, Darius Johnson-Odom and so on and so forth.

Give me a break, not Panini!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Even if he played horribly in Summer League, it wouldn't matter the same because as you said, it's exactly Summer League! Damian Lillard was a lottery pick! He was the 6th overall pick for pete's sake. Is it unreasonable to lock-up all the lottery picks at the very least? Or better to have Courtney Fortson, DeQuan Jones, Darius Johnson-Odom and so on and so forth.

Give me a break, not Panini!!!!

My point is that no one expected Lillard to take off as he did. Obviously panini should try to lock up as many lottery picks as possible. That's common sense. My point is that not many predicted that Lillard would be playing like he is.

I don't see where I gave panini a break. I think everything I said was true.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Interesting I do not agree, I see that baseball has how many on a roster and football how many do not really play and show their talents?? I have been collecting all sports till 2001 and unfortunately in baseball the cards do not hold the value except one or two players. In football I tend to collect outstanding receivers and a QB or two that have promise. On the other hand In basketball team mates of stars tend to get recognized. Where, I have changed my collecting is limiting my gu to only the few players that I do like and autos I like to have at least one of each star and superstar. I also enjoyed playing basketball, and I do like football very much. but my main wants is basketball.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast