Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Oh yeah, regarding Panini having "the overall best group of autos of any company". I have to disagree with that when Upper Deck's group start's out with two guy's named Michael Jordan and LeBron James. I really don't need to name any more guy's after those two names, I'm sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

I'm not sure how business savvy multi-million dollar Panini is if they got outbid by a start-up company named Leaf (who I've never heard of in the basketball world until recently) and who does not have the exclusive contract to be the sole manufacturer of licensed NBA cards. It is pretty preposterous, maybe Panini should charge more for their crap boxes so they can afford to sign rookies?... *rolls eyes*.

Panini is a joke! Imagine Topps, Upper Deck and Fleer being outbid by Press Pass or Sage/Sage Hit for the exclusive signing rights for say....rookie Chris Paul in 2005. There would've been an uprising in the basketball community back then. But since Panini has frustrated old long-time collectors like myself, nobody cares to do anything and heck nothing could even be done probably. The new wave of collectors who have only known Panini just don't know any better.

It is a damn shame what has happened to my/our beloved hobby....I would like to take the time to thank der feher, David Stern and Panini. A match made in Heaven....

Panini was not out-bided, leaf made an offer and lillard took it. Plain and simple. Panini never had a chance to counter. Leaf probably decided last year it was time to make a move and start spending money to get guys to sign for them (pippen, malone, liilard) so people would buy their product. If Panini continues to let players slip away, than we can start saying how they are dropping the ball. It's a little early to be saying it now, and I don't like their product.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh yeah, regarding Panini having "the overall best group of autos of any company". I have to disagree with that when Upper Deck's group start's out with two guy's named Michael Jordan and LeBron James. I really don't need to name any more guy's after those two names, I'm sorry.

Oh please, this is non-sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I do wish we had companies like Topps, Upper Deck, Leaf and Panini competing against each other with players in NBA jerseys. That would improve the quality of cards we see and I think it is likely the prices would be more reasonable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do wish we had companies like Topps, Upper Deck, Leaf and Panini competing against each other with players in NBA jerseys. That would improve the quality of cards we see and I think it is likely the prices would be more reasonable.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Panini was not out-bided, leaf made an offer and lillard took it. Plain and simple. Panini never had a chance to counter. Leaf probably decided last year it was time to make a move and start spending money to get guys to sign for them (pippen, malone, liilard) so people would buy their product. If Panini continues to let players slip away, than we can start saying how they are dropping the ball. It's a little early to be saying it now, and I don't like their product.

Bingo Panini didnt have a chance. Once Lillard saw the money he took it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Many guys you collect sign with panini. I believe Shumpert isn't exclusive but has only signed with panini. Payton,Roy, and Johnson also sign panini cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh please, this is non-sense.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I would prefer 4 companies to bring out 1 product each, then 1 company and 4 products.
    Everyone loves a bit of healthy competition. Ask Durant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I would prefer 4 companies to bring out 1 product each, then 1 company and 4 products.
    Everyone loves a bit of healthy competition. Ask Durant.

I miss products from topps such as chrome, triple threads and finest. I also miss exquisite (with nba jerseys), premier and other upper deck products.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast