Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by alifaxwa2 View Post
    I scan and print on photopaper. Have hundreds of autos on my walls. None are real. All the real stuff is in the safe.
    I must be the only one that thinks this is a cool idea. You can display your items, but don't have to worry about them getting destroyed or stolen. And if someone wants to see the real thing, you can show them.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

I had been trying to come up with something for a while to display mine.

About a month or so ago I picked up a 18x24 inch poster frame to test an idea. I took the insert that comes inside the frame and flipped it backwards. Then, I took some double-sided tape and attached four 9-card binder sleeves to it. I still need to redo it a little more neatly, but I liked the way the trial run turned out.

photo-2.JPG
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Currently collecting: Members of the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and other notable Virginia athletes.

Check out my blog: treywilsonsports.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    That seems kind of pointless to me, whats the point of having them if you arent going to display the real things?
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF collecting View Post
    As for making photocopies... Yah I wouldn't do that. You might as well not own any and just print pictures off of the Internet.
    I really don't see whats so stupid about displaying reprints of stuff I own. I know I own what I am looking at, few, if anyone who also looks at them can tell the difference without getting up close and inspecting them closely.
    Plus, as I said above, I don't have to worry about light, or theft. If I want, I could save a boatload of money on framing, since I can get $2 reprints from adoramapix, $3 frames without matting since these can touch glass without any concern. And all the high value stuff can be stored away securely.
    The only real stuff on my walls are the signed pieces of equipment, since I can't scan a whole hockeystick or game used glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpmeyer View Post
    Huh? So you display fake autographs? Any interest in buying scans of my autos? Great prices.....
    Now that would be stupid. Absolutely everything I have displayed I own, and if I want a whole cast on the wall, I won't even fake it with a placeholder scan from online.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
    I must be the only one that thinks this is a cool idea. You can display your items, but don't have to worry about them getting destroyed or stolen. And if someone wants to see the real thing, you can show them.
    Thank you.
    This whole wall is reprints (except the equipment). If you owned all these, would you really be less excited about looking at it even though you know you owned all of them?

This whole cast mat has ~$1000 worth of sigs in it. All are authenticated and slabbed and stored away. Would you really want the originals on your wall?
    Last edited by alifaxwa2; 02-26-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    Are you guys ever worried about the card frames not having UV protection? I'd like to put some of my autos in one but I'm afraid the signatures will fade over time.
    I'm going to list a couple of links. I have never used any of these since my displays/cubes are all UV protected but this may be an option. The last link is a PDF. If anyone has ever used any of these please comment.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/us...ed-photos-8724
    http://www.tru-vue.com/Museums/produ...museum-acrylic
    http://www.tru-vue.com/files/consume...ionframing.pdf

...Rick
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123