Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddymcqueen View Post
    15 year gap, there weren't many/if any game used back then. Just now starting where i stopped.
    nice to have you back
    I collect Bulls Autos and Patches!!!!
    BullsPC:Hidden Content
    For Trade:Hidden Content
    Mixed Sports FT: Hidden Content

91 or 92 Classic Tony Smith Auto Rc #'d to 6,000 something. Oddly, the entire pack was filled with nothing but them!!! I was 12 years old and I thought I was rich as I sifted through the 10 or so cards. The card shop owner just stood there and didn't spoil it for me, though I am sure he was thinking Poor Kid!!!
    This should have been my first hint, that I would never pull a good card out of a pack myself. Unfortunately, it took a very long time and a great deal of wasted money to realize it. Now I just buy what I want outright. However, its certainly not as fun winning an auction in which 20 bidders all bid in the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by CollectorClueless View Post
    91 or 92 Classic Tony Smith Auto Rc #'d to 6,000 something. Oddly, the entire pack was filled with nothing but them!!! I was 12 years old and I thought I was rich as I sifted through the 10 or so cards. The card shop owner just stood there and didn't spoil it for me, though I am sure he was thinking Poor Kid!!!
    This should have been my first hint, that I would never pull a good card out of a pack myself. Unfortunately, it took a very long time and a great deal of wasted money to realize it. Now I just buy what I want outright. However, its certainly not as fun winning an auction in which 20 bidders all bid in the last minute.
    A lot of us have come to that same realization. Nice story.
    I collect Bulls Autos and Patches!!!!
    BullsPC:Hidden Content
    For Trade:Hidden Content
    Mixed Sports FT: Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234