Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsk20a2's Items on eBay

why do people post threads to buy cards below EBAY prices???????????

im pretty sure this has been asked before, but why do people post threads to buy a certain dollar amount of cards and than say must be below ebay prices because they are gonna turn around and flip it? its like .saying give me your cards for free so I can profit from it.

its like a slap to the face. cant there be a rule on postings like these? I think this is part of the reason why basketball cards went to hell, besides PANINI. lol!

SCF Rewards
    Country

my favorite is when people say they will buy star game used etc for $1 each delivered or something.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I often search here for good deals. If sellers sell here on SCF they avoid ebay fees which I believe are around 8-9%..the buyers know they say on fees by selling here over eBay. Some people also need money quickly and this is one way users can sell cards at a below eBay value, but get the money need quickly. It can be a win win for both sides if a fair deal can be reached.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those types of threads always encourage me to sell on eBay. In essence, that is what they are saying. If you want to make money on your cards of course.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is a lot easier and a lot less hassle to sell on here sometimes, plus like someone said earlier, there aren't the ebay fees on here. I sell a lot on ebay, and I sell a decent about on here for below ebay prices on items. It just depends on what the card is and what the market is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See realcommodities's Items on eBay

Reminds me of when people sell stuff to pawn shops for 50% or less of what it's worth - they need the money right away and don't want to go through the "hassle" of waiting and trying to get more $$$. Also a lot of people are scared to sell on ebay with all the scammers nowadays, and plus, if you don't regularly sell on ebay, paypal holds the funds for like 30 days...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsk20a2's Items on eBay

i get it that paypal has their fees and what not, because i have sold many cards there. what does selling a card on here for cheaper than ebay have to do with that??? that is what i dont get. before i sell on here i always check to see what they are selling on ebay. if a card sells for $10-$15 on ebay + $3 for shipping thats around $13-$18. i almost always price in the middle which would be $15. than they drop the bomb and say "well i can get it on ebay for $10. go figure? i pretty much have given up trying to sell on here. trying to get back into trading though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

In my recent dive into buying cards and moving them for a profit I have learned a couple of things from both parties. First of all as a buyer, most people in the hobby that are in the business of buying things on ebay or on forums are looking to make a profit from their purchases. That's just the reality of the situation. Sure there are those that buy for their PC, but that is more of an rare occurrence than in years gone by.

As a seller, you need to take into consideration how buyers behave and need to do your homework to actually make a profit. It is possible as I have made a profit on a couple of cards, but it takes a lot of digging and more often than not as a seller your are lucky to break even and chances are you will lose money if you don't do your research.

As far as these threads go that buyers will only buy below ebay prices, they are looking for sellers that are looking to move their stuff at a discounted price, so they can flip it and make a profit. Pretty much when I see a thread like this I ignore it since I am looking to make a profit in the things I purchase. But there are collectors all the time looking to just get rid of their stuff and that's what these buyers are looking for.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

i get it that paypal has their fees and what not, because i have sold many cards there. what does selling a card on here for cheaper than ebay have to do with that??? that is what i dont get. before i sell on here i always check to see what they are selling on ebay. if a card sells for $10-$15 on ebay + $3 for shipping thats around $13-$18. i almost always price in the middle which would be $15. than they drop the bomb and say "well i can get it on ebay for $10. go figure? i pretty much have given up trying to sell on here. trying to get back into trading though.

I hear you absolutely. People are too greedy in the hobby and that's the only way to look at it. Is it really that much of a difference to save a couple of bucks on a card to most people and avoid the fees? No. How many threads do you see of people posting that they need 10 paypal or less and people seem interested, but there's no sales made? Collectors want the lowest deal possible and it doesn't matter how small the amount is. It's gotten quite ridiculous to tell you the truth.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another way to think about it is, if they can get it for $13 on ebay why would they pay you $15? So if you take the low of $13 for instance and take off the ebay fees of 10%, that would be $11.70, so actually you would only be getting $1.70 less than if you sold it on ebay, a lot of time to many people feel that that isn't worth the hassle of dealing with non-paying bidders, people trying to scam you and say they never got the card, and the time and effort it takes to list the card for having an extra $1 or $2 in their pocket. Just another way to look at it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast