Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like the majority here I would go with

1) Parkhurst for the retired guys and sp autos.

2) Contenders patches, rc's and all hardsigned.

Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Contenders hands down. Hard signed rookies along with patche autos and inserts

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

I would say for fun, do with the between the pipes, or parkhurst. Between the Pipes has some AMAZING GU stuff, and Parkhurst has all the older players you'd be looking for. Good luck!
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely Contenders. I think you get something like 6 or 7 Patch/Autos at least per case, and you also get a booklet. I've broken 3 boxes of it and have gotten two of the patch autos and a booklet...so I might be biased haha. But it's a really fun break and a pretty nice variety of stuff you can get.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

5 patch autos a case, 1 booklet, 1 dual auto, and guarenteed landeskog, nuget hopkins or triple auto in contenders case. thats 8 out of 14 boxes that you will get something good.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See eraldred0's Items on eBay

Contenders +1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Seems to be a lot of votes for Contenders , but i am tempted by getting a shot at a Luxury Suite Nuge /99 or a Rookie Treasures /99 in Anthology . Also still torn on BTP , Don had a couple nice case breaks on here , but also watched a couple C&C did on You Tube and they were in my opinion just fair breaks .

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

ugh, deleted my long and thought out response.

If it were me, I would spend it on the contenders.

If my boxes of anthology had been better to me, if I hadn't pulled 2 good hits and 1 major hit that were all damaged, and if Panini had anytime in the last 5 weeks responded to my request on how to replace a card not listed in their automated system, I might have spent it on that, but even when I buy one box I know I'm basically only looking for value in the box topper, because the rest of the box (3) has yielded only a few "if maybe" players, and none of them on any kind of "great" card.

If the BTP case was $100 cheaper, or 12/13, I would have bought that in a heartbeat. But at $70 a box with the HSHS redemptions being expired, you're riding a lot of money on a set with a LOT of nobodies in it. Might get you a couple bigger name hits or guys who break the scene big in a few years.... odds are against it though.

Canada vs The World and Enforcers are still available on shelves in my area, compared to most other ITG product that is sold out within weeks. That tells me that unless it's super high end or dirt cheap, it's not worth it - neither of those sets fits either of those qualifiers.

Champions I've never bought, but looking at the load out, a case would net you a good number of retired autos, and there's some good names in the 1:200 class, instead of them all being in the 1:3000+s. If you're into the retired/HHOF scene, it might be worth it. But since most of the "trophy case" quality cards are still super super rare (1:10-20 cases) it would really be a matter of "do I want to collect this" vs getting any kind of return/tradeability out of your cash.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Also, I don't know where you're planning on buying from but Dave and Adams is selling Contenders and Anthology for like $750 a case... I hope they're not charging you over $100 for shipping, lol.

The only other possibilities in the $1000 range I saw are 12box'ers of Black Diamond (08/09) and SPA (11/12). The SPA *might* be worth it. The BD is a big gamble pretty much on looking for Stamkos or some of the ultra low # parallels.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah not a fan of BD and D&A might be near even time I pay shipping , duty and brokerage fees to get it to Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12