So what's the print run

Knowing there are 25 different subjects in Topps out of bounds sp's would anybody care to venture a guess how many of each player were made,or are some players rarer than others just curious.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Do you know what rate that they roughly fall this year? If so you can get a rough estimate. I'm willing to be it is higher than most people bid on eBay.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Do you know what rate that they roughly fall this year? If so you can get a rough estimate. I'm willing to be it is higher than most people bid on eBay.
    I've pulled 4 all from retail,Pujols,Wright,Rajai Davis,and Willingham.That's from about 10 blasters and 5 Hanger packs,so I'm guessing 1 in every 35 retail packs.I don't know the hobby odds as I've yet to buy any hobby,but with the production run of this set it wouldn't surprise me if there were 500 of each.
    All my teams stink.

I would guess substantially more than 500 of each. Based on how many of their shortprints there are year to year, I would be looking at more like 1500-2000.

Quote Originally Posted by jayohhessaych View Post
    I would guess substantially more than 500 of each. Based on how many of their shortprints there are year to year, I would be looking at more like 1500-2000.
    You really think that many,it's possible but I just don't think that would be classified as an sp at all.I wish Topps would at least give a clue as to how many there should be.
    All my teams stink.

Here's my train of thought. The gold parallel are /2013 with 330 subjects. There are 25 different out of bounds cards. If they had the same print run(which they probably don't but just for example) you would pull about 13 gold parallel for every 1 out of bounds card.

Based on breaks i've seen, it's still difficult to put a number on how many out of bounds people are getting, but it seems like you get about 10-20 gold for every 1 out of bounds card. We could figure this out if anyone has a better idea of how often the short prints fall vs. serial numbered cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayohhessaych View Post
    Here's my train of thought. The gold parallel are /2013 with 330 subjects. There are 25 different out of bounds cards. If they had the same print run(which they probably don't but just for example) you would pull about 13 gold parallel for every 1 out of bounds card.

Based on breaks i've seen, it's still difficult to put a number on how many out of bounds people are getting, but it seems like you get about 10-20 gold for every 1 out of bounds card. We could figure this out if anyone has a better idea of how often the short prints fall vs. serial numbered cards.
    The only reason I'm saying it is probably in the 500 range is when I look on ebay you don't see any one player with all that many.What's weird is I've only pulled 9 gold cards but 4 out of bounds cards 1 pink and 1 camo and those are all from retail.I know the golds in hobby fall 1 per jumbo pack,so in retail they are averaging out for me at least less than one per blaster.
    All my teams stink.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I was guessing about 1500 print run on the SP but dont know.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    You really think that many,it's possible but I just don't think that would be classified as an sp at all.I wish Topps would at least give a clue as to how many there should be.
    Anything less than the regular printing would be a SP no matter what the print run is. The Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps was double printed and there aren't many around. There were short print cards in the 1980s that they probably made hundreds of thousands of.

Think about it if the print run was so low Topps would #D the cards because it would be beneficial. Since they aren't I'm guessing they print the stuff pretty liberally.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Anything less than the regular printing would be a SP no matter what the print run is. The Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps was double printed and there aren't many around. There were short print cards in the 1980s that they probably made hundreds of thousands of.

Think about it if the print run was so low Topps would #D the cards because it would be beneficial. Since they aren't I'm guessing they print the stuff pretty liberally.
    Makes sense,I just wish it wasn't a big guessing game as to how many are out there.
    All my teams stink.