Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Quotes

  1. #11
    maybe that is why they are legalizing marijuana, seems to be some messed up stuff going on up there!
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  2. #12
    Some of my favorite quotes by Thomas Jefferson;

    God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

    In matters of style, swim with the current;
    In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

    I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution" - John Adams, March 4, 1797 March 4, 1801

  3. #13
    “Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
    G K Chesterton.

  4. #14
    "Lighthouses are more helpful then churches." — Benjamin Franklin

    "Faith means not wanting to know what is true." — Friedrich Nietzsche

    "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
    — George Bernard Shaw

    "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." — Frank Lloyd Wright


    "Islam is the mother load of bad ideas" -Sam Harris

    "Christianity is a close second" -Me

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    "Lighthouses are more helpful then churches." — Benjamin Franklin

    "Faith means not wanting to know what is true." — Friedrich Nietzsche

    "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
    — George Bernard Shaw

    "I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." — Frank Lloyd Wright


    I love Franklin's quote.
    "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution" - John Adams, March 4, 1797 March 4, 1801

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    maybe that is why they are legalizing marijuana, seems to be some messed up stuff going on up there!
    Up where?

  7. #17

  8. #18
    up there

    Stevens County, WA
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  9. #19
    "War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

    -- Retired United States Marine Corps Major General and two time Medal of Honor recipient Smedley D. Butler, 1935
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbow View Post
    Some of my favorite quotes by Thomas Jefferson;

    God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

    In matters of style, swim with the current;
    In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

    I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

    CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •