Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quotes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Quotes

share some quotes you find worth sharing

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
    Albert Einstein

[QUOTE]A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
    Lao Tzu [QUOTE]

For what goes into your mouth will not defile you, but that which issues from your mouth - it is that which will defile you.
    Jesus

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.
    Richard Dawkins

Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

anyone else?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

From one of my favourites, Abe Lincoln:
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Mr. O had a quality quip at either the 2010 or 2011 Correspondent's Dinner (I forget which year):

"What a week. As some of you heard the state of Hawaii released my official long-form birth certificate. Hopefully, this puts all doubts to rest. But just in case there are any lingering questions, tonight I'm prepared to go a step further. Tonight, for the first time, I am releasing my official birth video.'' [The screens plays the scene from Disney's The Lion King when Mufasa, atop a cliff, lifts Simba up as the other animals in the savannah look on].

After the video played, he said this:

"I want to make clear to the Fox News table that was a joke. That was not my real birth video. That was a children's cartoon. Call Disney if you don't believe me, they have the original long-form version.''

Funny stuff.

Reagan had some funny ones too:

''Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.''

''Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.''

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That Reagan one is good.

I can't believe I didn't put in my favourite Licoln quote. Possibly my favourite quote of all time:
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

a couple more;

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    Buddha

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thefiorecollection's Items on eBay

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States c. 1985

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is, that they are."
    Father Kevin Keaney
    1st Marine Division Chaplin
    During the Korean War

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Some hockey related quotes for you guys:

"I know my players don't like my practices, but that's okay because I don't like their games."
    -Harry Neale: NHL Coach/Commentator

"American professional athletes are biligual. They speak English and Profanity."
    -Gordie Howe

Some gems from former NHL coach Jean Perron:
    "The day when the Nordiques will stop losing, they'll win much more often."
    "The Nordiques should trade to get some rookies with experience."
    "This type of injury is very painful. Especially when it hurts."

one last one

"Listen guys, I only want to be paid what I'm worth. I'm not asking for millions. Uh, excuse me, I meant to say..."
    -NHL defenseman Patrice Brisebois

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I now have a new favourite quote. I can't stop laughing after reading this:

"To me, 10- and 11-year-olds do bad things. They throw rocks through windows. They shoot BB guns at people's cars. They hit people with sticks; they set a cat on fire. Those are things that children do..."
    -Stevens County, WA Prosecuting Attorney Timothy Rasmussen

Your kid hit people with stick and set the cat on fire? Relax! That's just what kids do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast