Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Scientific Theory (loosely defined)
    a theory that explains scientific observations; "scientific theories must be falsifiable"


    and to define
    Hypothesis Noun
    -A supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
    -A proposition made as a basis for reasoning, without any assumption of its truth.

    well Jay sorry to say you are wrong
    and NO I did not use Wikipedia


    So what part are you really against ? the Messenger or the Message?

    I think this is a valid argument, as well as being thankful I do not live in Missouri

    I find it very damaging to real education to push Religious views in public schools. There are proper places to teach creationism. Hence since it is from your Bible then it should be in Sunday Schools or Catholic Schools. Or it that you all object that since Alex posted the story you have to attack his no religion choice?
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  2. #32
    well Jay sorry to say you are wrong
    wrong about what?


    and if the Big Bang and Human Evolution can be taught in public school, so should creationsim and ID and just about anything else.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    wrong about what?


    and if the Big Bang and Human Evolution can be taught in public school, so should creationism and ID and just about anything else.

    What basis in SCIENCE do you have top prove your creationism?

    and your wrong in your definitions and thank you for not replying to the real aspect of the post. nice deflection.

    Creationism is pushing religion, not in Public schools!
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  4. #34
    they are hypothesis so neither have the ultimate empirical proof, neither, not just religion.

    how was I wrong on my definition?

    and my original post stated I agreed that this was stupid, so no deflection.

    and why can't religion be in school? because you are afraid of it? because you believe it is so powerful all will succumb to it and follow like a pack of zombies?

    there is no law or reason religion cannot be in school, just people are afraid of being wrong, so they push it away at all costs. religion is not anti science just like science is not anti God.

    just angry people like you who freak out over the idea of a creator for no good reason. and if you are right then there would be no need to try and get rid of religion, because all people would know that there is no proof, so why would they ever believe?
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  5. #35
    and I want to add this in...Jenkem says it so well...
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    they are hypothesis so neither have the ultimate empirical proof, neither, not just religion.

    how was I wrong on my definition?

    and my original post stated I agreed that this was stupid, so no deflection.

    and why can't religion be in school? because you are afraid of it? because you believe it is so powerful all will succumb to it and follow like a pack of zombies?

    there is no law or reason religion cannot be in school, just people are afraid of being wrong, so they push it away at all costs. religion is not anti science just like science is not anti God.

    just angry people like you who freak out over the idea of a creator for no good reason. and if you are right then there would be no need to try and get rid of religion, because all people would know that there is no proof, so why would they ever believe?
    The only fear I have is YOUR Religion will teach the wrong things as they have for years! Hence the reason why NO RELIGION should be in the public schools....

    and that is where i leave this thread. Your insults shows once again your religious arrogance.
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  7. #37


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,103
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    The only fear I have is YOUR Religion will teach the wrong things as they have for years! Hence the reason why NO RELIGION should be in the public schools....

    and that is where i leave this thread. Your insults shows once again your religious arrogance.
    "Angry" is an insult now?
    People be gettin' sensitive 'round here!
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •