Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Roger Goodell made $29 million in 2011

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...led-2949m-2011

There was a time during the NFL lockout in 2011 that Roger Goodell was voluntarily earning a $1 salary. With a collective bargaining agreement eventually reached with the players, and only one preseason game missed, Goodell's compensation went up quite a bit.

A copy obtained of the league's tax return confirms the commissioner earned $29.49 million in 2011. The league's general counsel, Jeff Pash, who also reduced his salary to $1 during the lockout, came away with $8.8 million in total compensation.

Goodell earned $11.6 million in 2010.

Goodell's compensation likely makes him the highest-paid commissioner in sports. Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig and NBA commissioner David Stern earn in the range of $20 million annually.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

That's ridiculous. Commissioners shouldn't be making this much, fans don't show up to see them, and especially commissioners like Goodell who are bad at their job.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

That is a slap in the face to the players. Guys like Peyton, AP and Brady sell tickets and jerseys and are the reason networks buy contracts to air the shows and they are $10 or $12 million a year. Listen to fans complain about something related to the NFL and I guarantee you that Goodell had a hand in causing it to be the way it is. The players give fans a reason to cheer and Goodell gives fans a reason to complain and he makes more than any player in the NFL. What a joke.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

It helped that he had a 950% bonus, but still that is a lot of money for a commissioner to make.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 11/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    That is a slap in the face to the players. Guys like Peyton, AP and Brady sell tickets and jerseys and are the reason networks buy contracts to air the shows and they are $10 or $12 million a year. Listen to fans complain about something related to the NFL and I guarantee you that Goodell had a hand in causing it to be the way it is. The players give fans a reason to cheer and Goodell gives fans a reason to complain and he makes more than any player in the NFL. What a joke.

Seems reasonable to me. If the other two make 20 million, then he should make about 30. That all adds up in terms of productivity. He is the top dog over the most popular and profitable sports league in the history of the world. Part of his job is being a disliked public figure and taking the hits. I think he deserves the pay. Look at the CEO's of any other company that is worth half of what the NFL is worth. The make hundreds of millions. It just doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me.
    Here is a Link to my Photobucket PC and trade stuff. Hidden Content

Here is the link to my set Needs List.
    Hidden Content

He does run the most profitable sport on the planet. What's the problem again?
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    He does run the most profitable sport on the planet. What's the problem again?
    You mean besides the fact he makes more than every player who destroys it's body?

If Goodell makes $30 million, why don't player salaries get raised? Why isn't the salary cap higher?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    You mean besides the fact he makes more than every player who destroys it's body?

If Goodell makes $30 million, why don't player salaries get raised? Why isn't the salary cap higher?
    That's not the point. The CEO of basically any company makes more then anyone below them. They wouldn't make the money they do if not for someone like Goodell, Tagliabue, Rozell, ect. Should they also Guarentee all the contracts like baseball? It's not like these players don't know the deal when they sign up. They also get sponsorships, licensing money ect as well. None of that would be possible if not for the NFL.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post

If the players feel they are underpaid then have them go start their own league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast