Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay Stories!!

eBay Stories!!

I figured i'd throw this thread up to read about ppl's good or bad experiences when it comes to the "bay" & our hobby!

As for me, I really don't have any that i can think of off the top of my head! lol
    It does "chap my butt" when ppl bid and don't pay! Or don't even contact u at all! Waste of time!

Anyways, i'd like to hear some good stuff!!
    Hidden Content
    Reggie Bush Super Collector
    My Bucket:Hidden Content

Sold a Garnett auto overseas guy filed a claim saying somebody used his credit card but left me pos. feedback.I won't ship outside the U.S, anymore

I have good experiences generally. But this one really stands out. I was selling some vintage baseball cards. A guy had bid on a bunch of my cards and won and it took him literally about 3 weeks to pay. I had to file a NPB claim. The guy comes back - apologizes and says he has health issues and required the extra time. I at the time was going through heavy chemo myself and said I completely understood. I shipped his cards and we exchanged positive feedback. Well I sell another lot of cards and he buys some again. Once again he doesn't pay and ignores all of my messages. Then I finally have to file another NPB claim and I get this scathing email about how I should not have filed a NPB claim because we have this history. I said to him, man I have to file if you don't respond to my emails etc and have not paid I have to do that.
    He finally pays but.....
    Then he sends me an email saying I should send him some extra cards because he is such a good customer! And goes on to make suggestions for freebies that include the likes of Eddie Mathews and Al Kaline! I'm like this guy is friggin nuts. I send him what he paid for an nothing else.

I should have blocked him there, but only had a few cards left to sell. Once again he buys one but doesn't pay for weeks. He ignores emails and I have to file a claim. This time he really goes off and makes comments that the chemo must have affected my brain for filing the NPB claim. He then turns around and leaves me negative feedback on the previous order for "taking too long to ship". Despite the fact that I have the date he paid and proof that I shipped within 3 days of his payment, Ebay refuses to take any action and I got my first negative feedback in 2 years.

Of course after that I gave him a taste of his own medicine but I won't tell you about that. LOL
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Just got this message after non pay for 2 weeks , extortion

Hello i paid for this item. if you have anything extra you can toss in for me it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED and i will save you as a favorite seller and return for future business. I will also leave you perfect feedback with all 5'[s forr your stars. Thanks so much!

-
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Unbelievable ebay always takes the side of the buyer it's ridiculous your story is a prime example. I have one negative feedback in my two years on there. In my description I said payment was due within 5 days. So 7 days after the sale and sending an invoice and reminding him I open a case, on the same day I open it he pays for the item. I left him positive feedback but in the comment box wrote "late payment enjoy your cards". He leaves me negative feedback saying I didn't communicate with him which was the complete other way around then he messages me about a aaron rodgers topps RC bgs 9 and says he is sending it back to the company because it doesn't look like it should be a 9 to him and he thought I messed with it and put it back in the case. WOW. I guess you always deal with one knucklehead eventually. He left me negative feedback and ebay would not do anything

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    I have good experiences generally. But this one really stands out. I was selling some vintage baseball cards. A guy had bid on a bunch of my cards and won and it took him literally about 3 weeks to pay. I had to file a NPB claim. The guy comes back - apologizes and says he has health issues and required the extra time. I at the time was going through heavy chemo myself and said I completely understood. I shipped his cards and we exchanged positive feedback. Well I sell another lot of cards and he buys some again. Once again he doesn't pay and ignores all of my messages. Then I finally have to file another NPB claim and I get this scathing email about how I should not have filed a NPB claim because we have this history. I said to him, man I have to file if you don't respond to my emails etc and have not paid I have to do that.
    He finally pays but.....
    Then he sends me an email saying I should send him some extra cards because he is such a good customer! And goes on to make suggestions for freebies that include the likes of Eddie Mathews and Al Kaline! I'm like this guy is friggin nuts. I send him what he paid for an nothing else.

I should have blocked him there, but only had a few cards left to sell. Once again he buys one but doesn't pay for weeks. He ignores emails and I have to file a claim. This time he really goes off and makes comments that the chemo must have affected my brain for filing the NPB claim. He then turns around and leaves me negative feedback on the previous order for "taking too long to ship". Despite the fact that I have the date he paid and proof that I shipped within 3 days of his payment, Ebay refuses to take any action and I got my first negative feedback in 2 years.

Of course after that I gave him a taste of his own medicine but I won't tell you about that. LOL

Okay bad story as a buyer.

I inquired about a card a seller had for sale - he offered to end the auction and sell it to me for $600. I passed and said I would see if I would win the auction. I ended up winning it for $200. Almost straight away the seller emailed me saying he wouldn't sell it to me as it sold too cheaply. I said that was fine, but I would leave negative feedback as I was not happy with that. He changed his mind and accepted payment and sent it eventually.

However when I got the card and it was sent in one of those horrible cases with rounded corners, causing damage to the corners of the card. I message the seller and explain what has happened. He asks what I want. I explain that I would like to keep the card as I like the patches, but I am open to working something out to try and resolve the issue. I say some people provide partial refunds in a situation like this, but I am happy to hear his suggestions to try and resolve this. He essentially tells me to get lost, and I say I am unhappy with what has happened and I intend to leave negative feedback. He then tells me, I am not joking, that he is coming to Australia shortly, he knows where I live, and will pay me a visit. At this point I report him to ebay and leave negative feedback. A few days later I receive a warning from ebay for "feedback extortion". When I chase up ebay about his threat, the response I get is that they don't consider what he said a threat. When I point out that I only said that I never said I would leave negative feedback unless he gave me something, and only said some people had given a partial refund but I was open to hearing ways to resolve the issue, I was told the feedback extortion was implied.

Yeah ebay!
    "Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe" - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by rickysigai View Post
    Just got this message after non pay for 2 weeks , extortion

Hello i paid for this item. if you have anything extra you can toss in for me it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED and i will save you as a favorite seller and return for future business. I will also leave you perfect feedback with all 5'[s forr your stars. Thanks so much!

-
    Hah!! I know who that was because this is a legitimate cut and paste from the message they sent me regarding a sale I had to open up a case on to get payment after 2 weeks of nothing...

"Hello. I paid for this item. if you have anything extra you can toss in for me it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED and I will save you as a favorite seller and return back for future purchases. I will also leave you perfect feedback with all 5's for your stars thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"''

That said, I did throw in some freebies because they bought a BIN w/ BO for $50 more than I ever thought I would get for it (made about 250% return on a quick buy and resell).
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

Quote Originally Posted by OZTATAR View Post
    Okay bad story as a buyer.

I inquired about a card a seller had for sale - he offered to end the auction and sell it to me for $600. I passed and said I would see if I would win the auction. I ended up winning it for $200. Almost straight away the seller emailed me saying he wouldn't sell it to me as it sold too cheaply. I said that was fine, but I would leave negative feedback as I was not happy with that. He changed his mind and accepted payment and sent it eventually.

However when I got the card and it was sent in one of those horrible cases with rounded corners, causing damage to the corners of the card. I message the seller and explain what has happened. He asks what I want. I explain that I would like to keep the card as I like the patches, but I am open to working something out to try and resolve the issue. I say some people provide partial refunds in a situation like this, but I am happy to hear his suggestions to try and resolve this. He essentially tells me to get lost, and I say I am unhappy with what has happened and I intend to leave negative feedback. He then tells me, I am not joking, that he is coming to Australia shortly, he knows where I live, and will pay me a visit. At this point I report him to ebay and leave negative feedback. A few days later I receive a warning from ebay for "feedback extortion". When I chase up ebay about his threat, the response I get is that they don't consider what he said a threat. When I point out that I only said that I never said I would leave negative feedback unless he gave me something, and only said some people had given a partial refund but I was open to hearing ways to resolve the issue, I was told the feedback extortion was implied.

Yeah ebay!
    What an idiot. probably doesn't know the difference between Australia and Austria. And Ebay is just full of morons....
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

My story has to do with ebay period.. I've used ebay since early 2000 on my paraents account when I used to use my Sega DreamCast for the internet and used ebay to buy beanie babies lol.. back then all that mattered was positive and negative feedback...eventually the neutral feedback came along but still no big deal. So I got my own account under the name Josh3126 and had no problem buying and selling as usual. During hard times I had to sell some cards and video games to make the rent and there was 1 time where I couldnt send alot of the games off for a week due to not having the money for shipping. I guess at that time I got some bad star ratings whatever that meant. So I proceeded as normal only getting 1 negative (if you look at the feedback it says I meant to put positive oops) and I got 1 neutral feedback for slow shipping everything else positive. So 1 day I go to put a bunch of games on ebay and it says due to star rating you can only put 10 items a month on ebay so I did and sent them off no biggie...did this for 3 months without any problems at all sending my stuff off quick. So again I needed extra money for rent and I listed my 10 auctions for 3 days and on the 2nd day I was happy I was already up to $600 when all of a sudden ebay yanks all my auctions without any warning at all. I call them and ask whats up and they said due to not maintaining a 4.5 or higher star rating that my account had been terminated and that I could never sell on ebay again. I was like wait a minute I havnt had a single open case, no real negative feedback, and I've used ebay for a very long time with 300 feedback and I had never heard the news flash on how severe 5 star ratings could be. And btw my rating was a 4.2 and not a 4.5 under shipping time everything else was 5 stars. You can look up the account to see I am telling the truth.. they said there was nothing I could do and made me feel like the worst seller ever. So yeah I hate Ebay and I really wish there was a better alternative to sell rare items.
    Hi I'm Grant I collect ALL Seattle Seahawks

I super collect Marcus Trufant so please let me know if you have any of his cards minus base.
    Hidden Content

Oh wow! The Beanie babies era! lol I remember that! Member since 01'!!
    yea, I really wish there was an alternative. I also remember around that time that yahoo had "yahoo auctions", I guess eBay took care of the compo! lol
    Hidden Content
    Reggie Bush Super Collector
    My Bucket:Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast