Post First Look: 2013 Bowman Chrome baseball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/02/...aseball-cards/

Bowman Chrome will include more autographs in 2013.

Topps unveiled the basic information and first glimpses at one of the most-popular brands in the hobby on Friday — and there’s more in store this year. Each hobby box will include an auto, while every third box will include two.

Set to arrive on Sept. 18, Chrome will include 18 packs per box and 12 boxes per case with just four cards per pack (two base cards, two prospect cards).

The base set will consist of 240 cards — 190 veterans, 50 rookies — while the prospects insert set will consist of 110 players. Prospects will have 11 parallels to chase — Blue, Purple, Gold, Orange, Red, Super and standard Refractors along with four printing plates per card. The standard cards will include everything but printing plates.

While Topps did not release a preliminary checklist, the product will include autographs from the likes of Mike Olt and Jose Berrios based on preview images provided. The Chrome prospect autos will be found in the same 11 types with the standard Refractor autos limited to 500 copies. Purple, Red, Super and printing plates are all hobby-only cards.

Autographed rookies will also have the same 11 shades to be found.

Also new is a 65th Anniversary “Best Bowman Players of All-time.” These sapphire cards will have autographed versions limited to just five copies. Also back is a new selection of Bowman Black autos, while there will be redemptions for full hats worn during the Futures Game as well.

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Never collected the Chrome sets but, they are starting to grow. Collected a few 2012's might have to do 2013 as well.
    Changing paths, no more set collecting. Just PC'ing Orioles Auto's and Patches.

Man, I'm still working on 2012 Chrome, and they announce 2013? Well played, Bowman!!
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.

They come out at the same time every year.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Looking for this to come out.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

I suppose I need to be more specific, then...

I'm still working on 2012, and they announce 2013 and get me anticipating that release.
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.