Went to the LCS today, A and Z Cards in Allen Park Mi as they were having their Hockey Card Day today had a great time (despite fighting the flu). Got 6 packs of the Hockey Day cards, still need #'s 2 and 13 to complete the set. And UD also sent some prizes for the shop to raffle off as well as some items of his from the store as well he was giving away (lidstrom auto, Brendan Smith hockey card day auto, Alex galchecnyuk draft day auto hat from UD, NHLPA rookie photo shoot helmet signed by 20 of this years draft class again from UD, and some Red Wings bobbleheads from the shop). For each hobby box you bought you would get 8 tickets and for each $10 spent on singles/supplies would get an extra ticket, each prize was tiered as to how many tickets were needed for each entry (bobble heads were 2 tickets per entry, autos were 3, galchecnyuk hat I think 5, and the helmet 8).

I wound up buying 2 boxes, a pre-order of Motown Madness (2nd box now) and a box of Score (nothing big pulled but always a fun box to break).

And while I was there the owner was showing me a collection he bought, Absolutely beautiful collection of nearly flawless vintage some great cards in it and I was able to pick this one up from it:

My scanner doesn't do the card justice its beautiful in hand, crisp corners, clean straight edges, only flaw is the black printing splotch on the right side. If it weren't for that splotch this would be an easy Beckett 9 but unfortunately thats going to hurt the surface grade but should still be an easy 8-8.5. Its a Topps BTW, he did have an OPC from the collection as well that was just as nice.

And as of posting this I just checked A and Z's facebook page and saw he posted the video of the raffle results....I won a Zetterberg bobble head, Lidstrom bobble head, and the Brendan Smith Hockey day auto card. Didn't win the helmet but still a pretty great day after being laid up the last week with the flu.