Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Upton Bros & Heyward

Going to pose this question to others who watch or root for other teams to see what other think. Who do you think out of Justin Upton, BJ Upton, & Jason Heyward do you think will have the best season if all 3 stay relatively healthy all year? I think Justin Upton will have a pretty great year prob right at .290-.300 30hrs 100rbi and 20sb. I believe with the bats around him that he will prob see alot of good pitches to hit with Heyward in front of him and either McCann or freeman behind him will help out alot especially if McCann returns to form or any of them get hot around him. What does everyone else think?
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Between their young, talented pitching and their strong lineup, they should have no problem making the playoffs as a wild card team. I don't see BJ's game changing a whole lot. I think at this point in his career you know what you're going to get. I think Justin will perform better playing with his brother. He has always had a boat load of talent; far more than his brother. He kind of hits me as a guy similar to Hanley. When he wants to play, he'll play. When he wants to take it easy, he'll take it easy. This new atmosphere will allow him to play at a high level. It's only a matter of time before Heyward turns into a superstar. I view him similarly to Griffey Jr. Am I saying he will be on the same level as Griffey? No. I just think he is a similar type of player to Griffey Jr. That lineup is going to score runs like crazy this year. The only team that will have any chance at competing with them in that division is the Nationals. I think they will be pretty evenly matched. Both will leave the Marlins, Mets, and Phillies in the dust.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Yeah I'm thinking bj will be about the same but I think that Justin will be like the 2011 or better campaign when he came in 4th in MVP voting and Heyward will perform well. I just think with Heyward in the 2 spot his rbis will be impacted some but should still hit 20hrs I believe. I'm so ready for the season to start. I think if Justin and Jason maximize there talent it could be a very good season. The nationals have alot of talent also but Gonzalez is being investigated for PED involvement and you have to hope Bryce doesn't have a sophomore slump. Everybody is getting a better feel for what he will do and how he approaches the plate but we shall see.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.

Of course I'm a Mets fan, so I'll be a little biased, I think the Upton Bros will perform better than last season, but still not superb. Justin I think is getting back to prime form, maybe a 20-90 season for him? B.J. Upton I really am not confident in... maybe he'll steal some bases, but a low average, as well as low HRs and RBIs. Bad signing if you ask me. I think Heyward will be the key player. He may only have 20-30 HRs, but he'll hit for a high average and play great defensively.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I think bj will perform the same low average 20-25 hrs 30sb as according to how the parks rank atlanta was better to hit hrs in than the trop. And when it gets hot in the summer the balls will fly out of there. Bj has power he just needs to put the ball in play more often. We shall see. I still think Justin Upton will have the best year out of all 3 outfielders. Justin fought a lingering thumb issue which made it hard for him to swing the bat without pain. He still hit .280 which Heyward couldn't do last yr healthy. I think his power numbers will be back now that he is healthy and then just having his brother on the same team will push him to be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    Who do you think out of Justin Upton, BJ Upton, & Jason Heyward do you think will have the best season if all 3 stay relatively healthy all year?
    I think odds are likely that Justin Upton will have the best season out of the 3. Heyward might have a higher ceiling if that is possible but he isn't quite there yet in my opinion and both are on another level when compared to BJ Upton.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I think odds are likely that Justin Upton will have the best season out of the 3. Heyward might have a higher ceiling if that is possible but he isn't quite there yet in my opinion and both are on another level when compared to BJ Upton.
    Totally agree bc he will have Heyward hitting in front of him and either McCann or freeman behind him. He is surrounded with guys that can knock it out of park so pitchers will have to pith carefully to the lineup I think.

I think that B.J will bat .240 25 hrs and 90 rbi's 40 sb's. Justin will bat .275 30 hrs and 90 rbi's 25 sb's. Jason Heyward will bat .295 15 hrs 70 rbi's and 40 sb's. I think the main guy will be Freddie Freeman. Freeman will bat .270 35 hrs 110 rbi's with a good walk rate. Plus with their bullpen. WOW! I think they will get first in the division with the Nationals 2 games behind.
    Super-collector of Luke Hochevar
    My Hochevar inventory: opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/1/searchplayername/luke-hochevar/pli/18611/searchsportid/100
    My Hoch Stats: 284/719 39.5%(including 1/1s) 280/473 59.2%(excluding 1/1s)

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals-R-US View Post
    I think that B.J will bat .240 25 hrs and 90 rbi's 40 sb's. Justin will bat .275 30 hrs and 90 rbi's 25 sb's. Jason Heyward will bat .295 15 hrs 70 rbi's and 40 sb's. I think the main guy will be Freddie Freeman. Freeman will bat .270 35 hrs 110 rbi's with a good walk rate. Plus with their bullpen. WOW! I think they will get first in the division with the Nationals 2 games behind.
    I agree with your projections for BJ Upton and the Braves winning the division. I think Upton will hit closer to .300 with better hr and RBI totals. I see Heyward a little better but not much statistically but maybe a better average. I think him hitting in the 2nd spot will hurt him a little more in the RBI category.

I say Heyward. B.J. has a ton of power for those who haven't seen him play a lot. He just strikes out way too much. But like others say, at this point that's who he is and it probably won't change. I think he will hit 30 HRs.
    Hidden Content
    Brian Orakpo and Sean Taylor Super Collector!!! Let me know what you have of these two!
    I also collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (04-07 all versions), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast