Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist confessed Friday that Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...9-one-one-game

    Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist confessed Friday that Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game.

    "It was hard for me," Kidd-Gilchrist, almost 20, told USA Today before the Rising Stars Challenge rookie-sophomore game at All-Star Weekend. "I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. ... He's the greatest man that ever played the game.

    "Oh, yeah. He's good."

    Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 9.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game this season.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  2. Wata Photo
  3. #2

  4. #3
    I wish there was a video of this because I am not 100% it happened and if I did, did MKG really D him up. Don't want to show up your boss.
    Hidden Content I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.
    Basketball staff needed please message me if interested in joining the staff!!

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
    I wish there was a video of this because I am not 100% it happened and if I did, did MKG really D him up. Don't want to show up your boss.
    It's true my friend :). I'll like to see as well, but doubt somebody would upload it haha

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23 View Post
    It's true my friend :). I'll like to see as well, but doubt somebody would upload it haha
    Im a little more skeptical... Just seems a little far fetched to me.
    Hidden Content I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.
    Basketball staff needed please message me if interested in joining the staff!!

  7. #6
    What? A 50 year old who is easily the greatest to play the game can not beat a 19 year old?

    Just last year I had the pleasure of playing in the Staff vs. Students charity basketball game at the high school where I teach. Naturally the students fielded their entire male basketball team with a few female basketball team members seeded in for good measure. They bragged about how they were going to take us old, overweight, out-of-shape, staff members to school (we had 2 female staff members as well, one of which didn't even know how to play basketball). By the end of the first quarter we were up 13-7, halftime we led 23-12, end of the 3rd quarter we were up 39-18. There was no final score because they realized they were outclassed and threw in the towel (it was also time for buses LOL).

    Age and experience always win out over youth and energy.

    Jordan dominated guys like Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas and the entire NY Knicks during their 1990's playoff games. His entire career was one big domination of players who were the best. To think that he couldn't handle some inexperienced 19 year old who has 1 college season and less than a full pro season under his belt is off-base, in my opinion.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  8. #7
    I still believe that Jordan could be effective in today's NBA. Now he would be the leading scorer but could be an good 6th man or role player.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #8
    I just don't think Jordan could handle a full NBA season. Could he help a team for a few games maybe. I just don't think he would have the conditions and lateral movement to be effective on defense. He is twice as old as half the league. He could still score I am sure, but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be shooting a high percentage unless he was really picky abou the shots he took. The fact we are having this conversation even shows how good Jordan was in his day. It's just not his time anymore.
    Hidden Content I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.
    Basketball staff needed please message me if interested in joining the staff!!

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    What? A 50 year old who is easily the greatest to play the game can not beat a 19 year old?

    Just last year I had the pleasure of playing in the Staff vs. Students charity basketball game at the high school where I teach. Naturally the students fielded their entire male basketball team with a few female basketball team members seeded in for good measure. They bragged about how they were going to take us old, overweight, out-of-shape, staff members to school (we had 2 female staff members as well, one of which didn't even know how to play basketball). By the end of the first quarter we were up 13-7, halftime we led 23-12, end of the 3rd quarter we were up 39-18. There was no final score because they realized they were outclassed and threw in the towel (it was also time for buses LOL).

    Age and experience always win out over youth and energy.

    Jordan dominated guys like Dominique Wilkins, Isaiah Thomas and the entire NY Knicks during their 1990's playoff games. His entire career was one big domination of players who were the best. To think that he couldn't handle some inexperienced 19 year old who has 1 college season and less than a full pro season under his belt is off-base, in my opinion.
    You beat high school kids? If so then they stink pretty bad. I can see you guys beating middle school kids but high school kids should be able to win almost all the time versus faculty.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I still believe that Jordan could be effective in today's NBA. Now he would be the leading scorer but could be an good 6th man or role player.
    I agree. I think he could make a serious impact as a 6th man. Probably could average 10-15 points per game.

    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    You beat high school kids? If so then they stink pretty bad. I can see you guys beating middle school kids but high school kids should be able to win almost all the time versus faculty.
    We are just that dang good LOL. We had a game plan and we stuck to it. Play man2man, pressure the shooter and work for rebounds on defense. On offense we passed the ball at least 3 times before shooting and only took high percentage jump shots. No driving the lane, banging inside stuff. They did the exact opposite. On offense every kid had to be like Mike and tried to drive the lane for the big shot which regularly led to turnovers or bad shot selection. On defense they double-teamed the person with the ball and consistently left a shooter open.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •