Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Help w/ Card: 1995 Classic AU

I collect Steve Kelly. It doesn't matter who he is, I do. Anyway, as far as I know, this

is his only autographed card. But then I go on eBay and see this:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1995-5-Sports...item3f2242da20

Beckett has no listing of a serial numbered card that I can find and I've never seen one before. Is this a thing, or did someone randomly number a card? Any help is appreciated.

2. Wata Photo
    No idea what that is. Checked my copy of the card, had no serial number.

Classic sure knew how to mix up collectors back in the day. You have the regular 1995 Auto in your collection. However, Classic must have had a bunch left over as they chose to place them in their 1995/96 product and numbered them out of 225 on top of that. The one on Ebay is a legitimate pack pull and you can tell by the special embossing in the lowering right corner. I hope that helps.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by piper1 View Post
    Classic sure knew how to mix up collectors back in the day. You have the regular 1995 Auto in your collection. However, Classic must have had a bunch left over as they chose to place them in their 1995/96 product and numbered them out of 225 on top of that. The one on Ebay is a legitimate pack pull and you can tell by the special embossing in the lowering right corner. I hope that helps.
    Yeah, I knew that's what I have. I've never seen a numbered one before and none is listed on Beckett. I know Becket is about as reliable as wikipedia, but it's still weird. I just want to know if I have to add to my wantlist or not.

I'm thinking I do. I didn't notice the embossment (thanks) and my copy doesn't have that.

Thanks! That helped.

Beckett doesn't list these for some reason but if you search on COMC for these 1995 Classic 5 Sport autographs some are numbered and some aren't. Those that are numbered have the numbering and a embossed stamp in the corner. So they are legit but I don't know if they were in the original product or maybe a later one by Classic that filled it up with buybacks and past issues. Beckett is awful on a lot of the Classic releases so it isn't shocking that they don't have any information about it.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Awesome, thanks!