Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Help w/ Card: 1995 Classic AU

I collect Steve Kelly. It doesn't matter who he is, I do. Anyway, as far as I know, this

is his only autographed card. But then I go on eBay and see this:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1995-5-Sports...item3f2242da20

Beckett has no listing of a serial numbered card that I can find and I've never seen one before. Is this a thing, or did someone randomly number a card? Any help is appreciated.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No idea what that is. Checked my copy of the card, had no serial number.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Classic sure knew how to mix up collectors back in the day. You have the regular 1995 Auto in your collection. However, Classic must have had a bunch left over as they chose to place them in their 1995/96 product and numbered them out of 225 on top of that. The one on Ebay is a legitimate pack pull and you can tell by the special embossing in the lowering right corner. I hope that helps.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Classic sure knew how to mix up collectors back in the day. You have the regular 1995 Auto in your collection. However, Classic must have had a bunch left over as they chose to place them in their 1995/96 product and numbered them out of 225 on top of that. The one on Ebay is a legitimate pack pull and you can tell by the special embossing in the lowering right corner. I hope that helps.

Yeah, I knew that's what I have. I've never seen a numbered one before and none is listed on Beckett. I know Becket is about as reliable as wikipedia, but it's still weird. I just want to know if I have to add to my wantlist or not.

I'm thinking I do. I didn't notice the embossment (thanks) and my copy doesn't have that.

Thanks! That helped.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beckett doesn't list these for some reason but if you search on COMC for these 1995 Classic 5 Sport autographs some are numbered and some aren't. Those that are numbered have the numbering and a embossed stamp in the corner. So they are legit but I don't know if they were in the original product or maybe a later one by Classic that filled it up with buybacks and past issues. Beckett is awful on a lot of the Classic releases so it isn't shocking that they don't have any information about it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Awesome, thanks!