Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: SASE Question...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

SASE Question...

I am mailing an item to Dirk to have signed. I live in Fort Worth, Texas and sending to Dallas, Texas should take a day or two. Anyway, that's not the issue.

My post office has an APC in the lobby that I print postage off all the time. I hate waiting in lines. Now, I can easily print the postage off for the package going to Dirk, but I had a question about printing a label for the package coming back to me.

If you are unfamiliar with them, at the APC, you put the package on the scale and enter the ZIP code where it's going. It then calculates postage (I'm assuming by weight, not by your current location). Now, if I were to want to print a label for him to slap on to send back to me, would it work if I put in my OWN ZIP code at a post office that is within that area?

Basically what it boils down to is, does it matter where the postage is printed, as long as it is enough for the size/weight of the package? Is the postage really just contingent on the size/weight and not the location?

I know I know you'll say, "Just wait in line on Tuesday and let the lady do it for you, I'm sure she can take care of it." Yes, I'm sure she can, but I'm too impatient :)

Thanks!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

It doesn't matter where the postage is printed, however, the time to use the stamp matters. I once was going to do that, and the postal employee was concerned about the time to mail it back, because the machine prints it with a date. Not sure why it matters, per se, but that was my experience. That's why I always get the various stamp denominations t get tothe total for the inside envelope, instead of the printed total.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

It doesn't matter where the postage is printed, however, the time to use the stamp matters. I once was going to do that, and the postal employee was concerned about the time to mail it back, because the machine prints it with a date. Not sure why it matters, per se, but that was my experience. That's why I always get the various stamp denominations t get tothe total for the inside envelope, instead of the printed total.

What do you do about DC in that instance?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Postal worker said the same thing to me. If the date on the stamp does not match the current date that the post office does not have to accept the mail. For return envelope I always use stamps and not the printed stamps.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Postal worker said the same thing to me. If the date on the stamp does not match the current date that the post office does not have to accept the mail. For return envelope I always use stamps and not the printed stamps.

Okay, thanks! I'll just use regular stamps on the return package to me. Do you know if there is anything I can do about DC coming back to me?