Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst call ever?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Finalfantastic's Items on eBay

Bad calls happen, unfortunately, I read where the ref commented and he said he thought that the nashville player passed it to him. Clearly it wasn't a pass.

Yes sir you are right there!lol So many times I have seen bad calls, mishaps and blown calls change games. Just part of what happens in all major sports!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

This has to rank high up there in missed hockey calls with the Brett Hull (non)goal.

Thought I would share this funny picture I saw on Twitter earlier.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegreateight8's Items on eBay

I dont see how anybody argues that this wasnt offside. The body language of both duchene and the goalie were really awkward lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Obviously ole Barry should have thrown his challenge flag on that one...:P All joking aside if they had 2 per game, that call could have been reviewed and over turned in 20 seconds, probably less time time than the refs got yelled at by the coach.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bad call- yes. Worst call of all time - not even close.

For some of us "older" folks, will remember the early 80's Finals between the Flyers and Islanders. Go to Google or Youtube and look it up. There was an offside "not" called when the Flyers cleared the puck (the puck was at least 2-ft out) but Andy Van Hellemond and his corrupt crew never called it. The Isles turned the non-call into a goal and the entire series turned from there.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's really borderline. I imagine it falls under the "at the discretion of the official" suffix on every rule. One of those where it wasn't offside because the official decided it wasn't offside. In my opinion, if it has been blown down, Avalanche fans would be mad. It wasn't Nashville is mad. Could go either way so there's really no right or wrong call, only the call that was made.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Brett Hulls Foot in the crease has to be the worst call of all time

SCF Rewards
    Country

wrong forum unless you have knowledge of that play making its way onto a hockey card

and what goes around comes around
    go to :20 left in the video to see the injustice of 6 days ago
    http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/863019/clip/0

wrong forum??
    this is hockey chat....

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just a brutal call.

I don't think that even the most incompetent/blind/paid-off/corrupt WWE official would even get that wrong.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The replay showed nothing close to Borderline. It was 2-2.5 feet off-side.

Now, what irks me is Referees. The head Referee is responsible for his crew. It's the head Referee's job, not to defer, but to make the call when or if his Linesman is out to lunch.

There are 2 count 'Em, 2 Referees on the ice. You DO NOT defer, you see your Linesman mess, up, you blow your bloody whistle.

For Shame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast