Poll: Who do you think wins the 2013 World Series?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballboy2 View Post
    The Braves definitely have a stronger, even more powerful lineup. But there's no question that the Nationals have a better rotation. In a poor offensive division, I'm giving the edge to the Nationals.
    Yeah they have a better rotation and the braves have a better lineup. And with the division being so offensively weak will also help the Braves young arms out tremedously also. I believe it will be fun to watch and the division will come down to the last week and possibly last day.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Man, I agree. I usually try to stay away from picking the best teams on paper, simply because they never seem to pan out. I would personally be shocked out of my mind if the Angels didn't make the playoffs. I mean, they would have to be really, really bad. You're talking about missing out on the division and 2 additional wild cards. A team with that talent, it just can't happen. I'm going to also kindly disagree that Hunter was as good as Hamilton. Hamilton may have had a 2 month stretch where he did nothing, but he had great numbers by the end of the season.
    How much true 'talent' do they really have though? I just have a hard time buying into them.

And that's fine to disagree about Hunter/Hamilton, but once you get past the home run and RBI total (and RBI is based on opportunity, not skill), the advance metrics are pretty clear, he brought just as much value on offense (granted on a far too high BABIP) and was superior with his defense.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    I agree with the NL picks I just dont think the Nats are by a long shot ahead of the Braves. I think they are actually about even. We shall see shortly when the season starts though
    I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't think it's close right now. The Braves have a good lineup, and so do the Nationals, I think their lineup is better actually, and they won't strike out every other AB (sorry, had to do that).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't think it's close right now. The Braves have a good lineup, and so do the Nationals, I think their lineup is better actually, and they won't strike out every other AB (sorry, had to do that).

Yeah everyone talks about the strikeouts that the lineup has potential for. But both the Nationals & Braves averaged 8 strikeouts a game last year. Bourn lead our team in strikeout last year so thats basically a swap with BJ Upton but with a more powerful center fielder, same speed, and about a 10 pt difference on batting average. Justin Upton the other key new comer had a down year but still hit .280 with 17hrs. Actually Justins bad year was still better than Martin Prados good year. Prado had a career year with 19hrs I believe it was. Justin Upton was bothered by a thumb injury most of the year. I believe if Justin gets back to 2011 form we will surprise alot of people. Dan Uggla is another key player that has to improve. If he can just cut down on his strikeouts we will be fine. But I was also looking at a graph somewhere about the strikeout totals comparing the teams in the NL east and the Nationals started striking out more towards the end of the season. Not sure if they just hit a cold spot in the season or what.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.

The Red Sox! Worst to first in the AL East! It'll be the "Impossible Dream" season redux, only this time we'll win it all!

OK, perhaps not... but the Sox can't be much worse than last year, and it's hard to see how the Yankees won't be lousy in 2013. I respect the Blue Jays for seeing their opportunity and trying to seize on it. Less respect for the O's, who sat on their hands this off-season. It'll be interesting to see how long the Rays wait before giving Myers a shot.

Beyond the AL East... the Tigers and Angels are obvious favorites to win their divisions. But the NL looks more interesting this year. Like many others without a horse in that race, I'll be pulling for the exciting young Nats... and hoping the big-spending Dodgers fail. But I think the real team to watch will be the Braves. Their rotation looks solid, and this could well be a breakout year for both Heyward (age 23) and Justin Upton (age 25). If you can't get excited about patrolling the OF with your own brother, you're in the wrong line of work. In the NL Central, I won't be surprised to see the Pirates give the Reds a run for their money with a monster season from McCutchen, but the Pirates just don't have enough pitching... yet.

WS Prediction: Angels vs. Braves; Braves to win it all

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxProspector View Post
    The Red Sox! Worst to first in the AL East! It'll be the "Impossible Dream" season redux, only this time we'll win it all!

OK, perhaps not... but the Sox can't be much worse than last year, and it's hard to see how the Yankees won't be lousy in 2013. I respect the Blue Jays for seeing their opportunity and trying to seize on it. Less respect for the O's, who sat on their hands this off-season. It'll be interesting to see how long the Rays wait before giving Myers a shot.

Beyond the AL East... the Tigers and Angels are obvious favorites to win their divisions. But the NL looks more interesting this year. Like many others without a horse in that race, I'll be pulling for the exciting young Nats... and hoping the big-spending Dodgers fail. But I think the real team to watch will be the Braves. Their rotation looks solid, and this could well be a breakout year for both Heyward (age 23) and Justin Upton (age 25). If you can't get excited about patrolling the OF with your own brother, you're in the wrong line of work. In the NL Central, I won't be surprised to see the Pirates give the Reds a run for their money with a monster season from McCutchen, but the Pirates just don't have enough pitching... yet.

WS Prediction: Angels vs. Braves; Braves to win it all
    Trevor I believe your my new best friend. Haha. I hope you and me are both right as I think the Braves will win it all also. I also feel the same way about Jason Heyward & Justin Upton. I believe many in the card industry do also bc when he got traded to the Braves alot of his cards skyrocketed. I also believe BJ is an Upgrade over Bourn bc both have speed both strikeout alot, both play center well, but BJ hits more HRs and RBIs. I think Justin Upton will be excited patrolling the OF with his brother and that will be the turning point in his career. His parents wont have to be traveling to 2 different ball parks either to split watching there games they can watch them all with them both being in the same park. I believe it all will be a big boost and motivation factor for Justin Upton. Hope Im right haha

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Plus your the only one to say atleast in this thread that our rotation is solid. Not saying the Nats dont have a solid rotation but the Braves Rotation can hold its own and our Bullpen is far better I believe. Kimbrel is arguably the best closer in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    Trevor I believe your my new best friend. Haha. I hope you and me are both right as I think the Braves will win it all also. I also feel the same way about Jason Heyward & Justin Upton. I believe many in the card industry do also bc when he got traded to the Braves alot of his cards skyrocketed. I also believe BJ is an Upgrade over Bourn bc both have speed both strikeout alot, both play center well, but BJ hits more HRs and RBIs. I think Justin Upton will be excited patrolling the OF with his brother and that will be the turning point in his career. His parents wont have to be traveling to 2 different ball parks either to split watching there games they can watch them all with them both being in the same park. I believe it all will be a big boost and motivation factor for Justin Upton. Hope Im right haha
    I have two young boys, so I can't help being drawn to the Upton bros as a storyline. From a baseball card perspective, I think Justin Upton has naturally been overlooked a bit playing in Arizona. Just imagine what will happen to interest in Stanton when he finally starts playing for a major league team.

I would really just like to know why 5 people voted for other...

I would really just like to know why 5 people voted for other...
    Hope springs eternal...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast