Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

I'd be interested at $80 or less for a box but nothing more

SCF Rewards
    Country

If it is, stores profit margin are too high. 100$ a box seems to be the trend standard, definitely too high. They lose kids in the 90's and now, people look at you like an UFO when you collecting cards. lolll. Himself killing or players associations and professionnals leagues ask too much?

How do you know the store's profit margin is too high? How do you know how much they originally paid for the box?

SCF Rewards
    Country

You obviously don't know anything about what brick & mortar stores pay for boxes of product. Their profit margins are incredibly low. Usually only 5-10%/box. That's why they try to sell packs (Higher percentage profit).

The reason for the prices dropping is that it was a dead product as soon as they announced the price. Not one person thought, "Hmmm... with that player selection, that's a good price". If it came out at $90/box so that it was around $100 after tax people would have hemmed and hawed, but at $180 it was a no brainer - stay away. A few collectors didn't care and cracked boxes and that was the worst thing Panini could have ever asked for. Once people saw what you got, they said, "Next!".

I agree with what everyone on here has already said; Everyone knew the price would drop, that product is barely worth it at $80/box. Interesting to see what it goes for a year from now.

If it is, stores profit margin are too high. 100$ a box seems to be the trend standard, definitely too high. They lose kids in the 90's and now, people look at you like an UFO when you collecting cards. lolll. Himself killing or players associations and professionnals leagues ask too much?

SCF Rewards
    Country

My lcs is selling it for $139 right now, if it drops to $100 I think I'll buy a box. 180 is ridiculous though, I've seen some truly awful breaks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I'll agree that $180 is a hefty price tag, but for $120, I may even pick up a box. What I like about this product, and what a lot of people seem to be missing here, is that it features autos of a lot of players whom you seldom see in the hobby, or who haven't signed in years, so their autos are still rare, and hence, valuable. If you grew up in the 80s and 90s like I did, this product is full of nostalgic glory!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I was originally thinking $120 would be a good price for this, but after seeing many dud breaks, I'm thinking about $85 before it's worth cracking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12