Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The fact that antibiotics will work is an educated guess. The fact that your brakes will work is an educated guess. Evolution has more evidence then those assumptions, so it is absolute fact just like the assumption that your brakes will work when you drive a car.

If your brakes are in proper working order, they will work. No one teaches that putting brakes into a car will ensure the ability to stop. We teach that putting working brakes into a car properly will ensure the car stops.
    The assumption is that you have working brakes, not that brakes work.

And yes antibiotics are a massively overused (to the point of detriment) educated guess. Does anyone teach that antibiotics cure everything? No. But we know that they work against some things most times and use it thusly.

If I thought a set of discs sitting on my backseat would stop my car, you'd be right.
    If I thought antibiotics could cure cancer, you'd be right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so evolution has more facts than how brakes on a car work?

we can easily trace the evolution of car brakes and use facts on why they will and why they won't work, when it comes to human evolution it is a guessing game, based on educated guesses, by smart people, but with little facts.

as I pointed out, 17 fossils (and we are not sure they are all even hominid) to trace human evolution over 2.5 million years, is hardly fact based.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

so evolution has more facts than how brakes on a car work?

we can easily trace the evolution of car brakes and use facts on why they will and why they won't work, when it comes to human evolution it is a guessing game, based on educated guesses, by smart people, but with little facts.

Yes, look up the data from scientists, not creationists.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You seem to have missed a spot, Dr.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If your brakes are in proper working order, they will work. No one teaches that putting brakes into a car will ensure the ability to stop. We teach that putting working brakes into a car properly will ensure the car stops.
    The assumption is that you have working brakes, not that brakes work.

And yes antibiotics are a massively overused (to the point of detriment) educated guess. Does anyone teach that antibiotics cure everything? No. But we know that they work against some things most times and use it thusly.

If I thought a set of discs sitting on my backseat would stop my car, you'd be right.
    If I thought antibiotics could cure cancer, you'd be right.

Once again you are applying a different standard to the evidence for evolution that you do not use in every day life. I challenge you to look at the data on evolution without using your religious beliefs and apply the standards of how you think about every day things to evolution. You are not doing it.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 02-21-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Once again you are applying a different standard to the evidence for evolution that you do not use in every day life. I challenge you to look at the data on evolution without using your religious beliefs and apply the standards of how you think about every day things to evolution. You are not doing it.

What are the religious beliefs I hold that I should leave out of the equation. I'd really love to hear and I'm just dying to know. Tell me, what do I believe?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no need to keep going in circles, God doesn't come down and teach evolution to me, so religion has no bearing on evolution for me.

I believe in environmental evolution of humans, but I do not believe we evolved from anything else but humans. (and no God didn't tell me that)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What are the religious beliefs I hold that I should leave out of the equation. I'd really love to hear and I'm just dying to know. Tell me, what do I believe?

I do not know your specific religious beliefs but you are applying some sort of religious belief to evolution. I know this because you have stated that you believe in intelligent design. This is a religious belief.

I am glad that you showed how you know your brakes will work. I will give you an example with evolution.
    If evolutionary theory is correct, we could state that the area where a species start has more genetic diversity. Based on human evolution, Africans should be the most genetically diverse. We should be able to find a study that shows this, correct?

look at the report from the Washington Post. I use it because it is easier to understand then the scientific article. People can look up the literature. Creationism needs to make some predictions which can be validated.

So please apply the standard of how you know your brakes are going to work to evolution.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...hkoff-africans
    Last edited by drtom2005; 02-21-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's the thing. I never once claim to know my brakes will work. I assume they will based on previous events and the things I know about brakes; how they should feel while braking, etc.
    In other words, I use an element of faith every time I get in my car.

What previous experience do you have with evolution?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That's the thing. I never once claim to know my brakes will work. I assume they will based on previous events and the things I know about brakes; how they should feel while braking, etc.
    In other words, I use an element of faith every time I get in my car.

What previous experience do you have with evolution?

So there is the difference. You equate knowledge if a repeated response is shown as faith( my brakes will work). No that is knowledge not faith. My brakes will work the vast majority of the time because I maintain them.
    This goes back to another question I had, how do you know anything then? Is everything based on faith? How could you make any decisions then?

I would like a prediction that ID/creationism makes like the example I gave on evolution. There is none and that is why it is religion. This is why it should not be taught in school.

As for evolution, antibiotic resistance is going up and a choice of antibiotics must be made( because the bacteria are evolving).
    Last edited by drtom2005; 02-21-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast