Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

No, you would be disrespectful and venomous against the creator of all things. I would hope a thinking man would conduct himself with a touch of humility when faced with the creator and knower of all things.
    Also, as soon as you answer one thing differently, the entire conversation changes, so even hypothetically your responses make no sense.
    Now stop dragging me back into this.

If you think questioning His responses and wanting answers fo ALL He allows to happen in this world is disrespectful and venomous, that's YOUR opinion. A thinking man would want answers not platitudes. Save your humility for the individual that does EVERYTHING in his power to prevent cruelty and anguish in this world. Don't grant it to the entity with the POWER to prevent it, but chooses not to.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you think questioning His responses and wanting answers fo ALL He allows to happen in this world is disrespectful and venomous, that's YOUR opinion. A thinking man would want answers not platitudes. Save your humility for the individual that does EVERYTHING in his power to prevent cruelty and anguish in this world. Don't grant it to the entity with the POWER to prevent it, but chooses not to.

Seriously. It was the manner in which it was done. Go back and, if you can read, you'll see that. I'm not the only one who saw it either.
    I would hope, when faced with the creator and knower of all things past, present and future, you would conduct yourself with more dignity than to whine and complain like a teenager. You can ask all the same questions while still remaining respectful.

You also don't need to make a long winded post that can be summed up with "I'd tell him off!" That's attention seeking. I would love to watch you meet God. You'd be too busy crapping your pants to say anything, let alone tell the person who created everything he did a crappy job.

Now seriously, this is the last time I'm getting dragged into your crap. Grow up, be a man and just end this garbage. Deal with the fact you said something stupid you could never live up to in reality and for what? Messageboard high fives?

Don't respond to this, because I won't be anymore. I suppose if you're petty enough to NEED the last word, go ahead. But one of us has to be an adult and it's proven that it's not going to be you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Sassy!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

cent, you think Catholics started Christianity? That's funny, especially since you think you know so much.

Did Jesus have a church, did He build a temple, did He write a book, did He mention someone should write a book? oh wait, you might say Jesus said Peter would be the rock his church is built on, try finding the original language it was written in and do your own translation, you may find a different answer. Just like those who say Jesus would never cry out to God if He was God, and when He was on the cross He cried out to God, but perhaps He was quoting Psalms.

I don't hate Catholics, I just am not one, and thinking Catholics created Christianity just shows how little you know of the teachings of Jesus, and for someone who has so much to say about it, it amazes how little you do know.

When Rome gave Catholics the chance to rule, they took it for for all its worth. Even after losing in the debates, they simply exiled and went on with their plan. They burned every book they deemed not worthy of their cause and quieted anyone who went against them. They twisted things so women and the original Christians were made out to be bad and spent lot of time and effort doing this. Catholics may be the first and best at making money and holding power from the belief in Jesus, but they are far removed from the first Christians.

and your description of must haves for being Christian are not even correct, you are missing the key elements which made Jesus different from all other messiahs before Him.

The fact you mention Fatima just further shows you know nothing but what someone has told you and even then you listened with your filters in place.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Not that he can, but that he would.

well I read the passage as god basically saying to not complain about small things as there are reasons behind it that are far grander than just a car not starting or a sandwich being ruined. I personally don't see things this way but then again I'm atheist. If I were religious I think I'd have a major issue with god if he was keeping certain people from bad events and not others.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Seriously. It was the manner in which it was done. Go back and, if you can read, you'll see that. I'm not the only one who saw it either.
    I would hope, when faced with the creator and knower of all things past, present and future, you would conduct yourself with more dignity than to whine and complain like a teenager. You can ask all the same questions while still remaining respectful.

You also don't need to make a long winded post that can be summed up with "I'd tell him off!" That's attention seeking. I would love to watch you meet God. You'd be too busy crapping your pants to say anything, let alone tell the person who created everything he did a crappy job.

Now seriously, this is the last time I'm getting dragged into your crap. Grow up, be a man and just end this garbage. Deal with the fact you said something stupid you could never live up to in reality and for what? Messageboard high fives?

Don't respond to this, because I won't be anymore. I suppose if you're petty enough to NEED the last word, go ahead. But one of us has to be an adult and it's proven that it's not going to be you.

I really don't see the big issue with his post and that he posted what he would say if he were in that scenario. I'll give you that it was snarky, but if someone told me that they had the power to keep me out of the path of a drunk driver and that they used that power, I would definitely want to know why they didn't use that power to keep a family of four from another drunk driver at a different time. To me that would be a valid inquiry... in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

well I read the passage as god basically saying to not complain about small things as there are reasons behind it that are far grander than just a car not starting or a sandwich being ruined. I personally don't see things this way but then again I'm atheist. If I were religious I think I'd have a major issue with god if he was keeping certain people from bad events and not others.

I didn't get that. I got "don't question God when little daily things happen to you. It happened for a reason and you don't know what it is."
    I think that doesn't make sense because I don't think God would stall your car to prevent you meeting a drunk driver. Expecting God to do things like that is like expecting a kid to micromanage his ant farm. God let's us live and die by our consequences. He doesn't take or save lives. Expecting that he would I think is naive. Thinking he helps some and not others doesn't make much sense to me either.
    If you take the whole bible as what it claims to be, it reads that God created man, raised man and now man is a rebellious young adult. The bible shows that he used to reward good behaviour and punish bad. Since Jesus, he's been very hands off about everything and let man find his own way.

Unfortunately, that led here.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I really don't see the big issue with his post and that he posted what he would say if he were in that scenario. I'll give you that it was snarky, but if someone told me that they had the power to keep me out of the path of a drunk driver and that they used that power, I would definitely want to know why they didn't use that power to keep a family of four from another drunk driver at a different time. To me that would be a valid inquiry... in my opinion.

Would you be snarky to the most powerful being to ever exist?
    Could you ask your questions with some respect?
    Do you expect God's responses to be the same in both situations?
    Did you make a giant spectacle of how you'd tell God he sucks at what he does?

It's the arrogance and attention seeking I have problems with. Although, apparently calling someone on their attention seeking is also a form of attention seeking. Makes no sense to me, but certain people are apparently allowed to change the meanings of words to fit their own ideas. Whoops, different thread.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

You keep complaining about being dragged back into something when in reality YOU are jumping back in with both feet because YOU are petty enough to want to have the last word. The proof's in every response that you don't have the willpower to avoid making. lol. If you can't handle that reality, deal with it. I may have made one post that YOU feel is stupid. Good for you, I haven't seen anyone else comment as such. Every subsequent post you have made since has been assinine. Again, good for you. Job well done. Pat yourself on the back, because no one else is going to. lol

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I, personally, do see God as a father figure, somewhat as outlined through the bible. As such, a father stops helping and stops explaining. If he doesn't pull back on the help, the child cannot learn. We are the child. As much as we love to believe each and every one of us is individual (and we are on a small scale) on the grander scale of things we are one. Some call this a "collective conciousness" or say that connection humanity has is God, but I believe it has to do with us being God's child, not children. He may describe us as his children for the sake of understanding the greater point, that he is our father, but I believe we are all one on a grand scale for this reason. As such, there is no reason for him to save or take lives. We are one ever-changing organism. Like the cells of your skin die and flake off, so do people from the greater "child" that we are.
    The idea that God would take or save an individual life is naive to me. We are all small parts of a much greater existence.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast