Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is God an Atheist?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is God an Atheist?

Consider the following philosophical proposition:

An atheist has died and to his surprise he has met up with god in heaven for judgement.

God tells the atheist that he is guilty of not believing in him and thus must go to hell.

The atheist says...."I used the brain you created and found that you were illogical, and every human law we have contradicts your existence thus I couldn't believe in you....furthermore, I had evidence to show that there is a naturalistic explanation to how I came to be".

The atheist logic says that he has no creator, he is a product of nature....

God is not phased by this human logic and tells the atheist that it's time to go...

At this point the atheist asks one last question....."If an intelligent being created me, and YOU are also an intelligent being, then who created you?"

God responds that he has no creator, he has always been, he is the alpha and the omega.

God's logic says that he has no creator, he has always been......god does not believe he was created.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Consider the following philosophical proposition:

Fun!

An atheist has died and to his surprise he has met up with god in heaven for judgement.

God tells the atheist that he is guilty of not believing in him and thus must go to hell.

Ok, that god. Go on.

The atheist says...."I used the brain you created and found that you were illogical, and every human law we have contradicts your existence thus I couldn't believe in you....furthermore, I had evidence to show that there is a naturalistic explanation to how I came to be".

The atheist logic says that he has no creator, he is a product of nature....

God is not phased by this human logic and tells the atheist that it's time to go...

God should instead explain that, since he created nature, and nature created the atheist, by transitive properties, God created the atheist.

At this point the atheist asks one last question....."If an intelligent being created me, and YOU are also an intelligent being, then who created you?"

God responds that he has no creator, he has always been, he is the alpha and the omega.

God's logic says that he has no creator, he has always been......god does not believe he was created.

God's logic does say that. No one has refuted it and everyone claims it. This is no great revelation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

God's logic does say that. No one has refuted it and everyone claims it. This is no great revelation.

And yet it is.

If I ever come to the conclusion that god is real I must also come to the conclusion that something created that god.

I think you know what comes next...

Something also created god's god....this will become an infinite regression.

If god can say he was never created (This is done to stop that infinite regression).

Can't we just say that the Universe was never created as well?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And yet it is.

If I ever come to the conclusion that god is real I must also come to the conclusion that something created that god.

Why?

SCF Rewards
    Country

^Because if I accept that a higher being created me, I must also wonder how said higher being came to be.

If I just conclude that he has always been then I'm right back at being an atheist.

I can just say that the Universe has always been.....in other words, I'm just taking one step away.

What I'm doing is nothing less than what a theist does....he says god is the ultimate, he has no creator...I can say that about the universe as well.

What I have created is a paradox.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

^Because if I accept that a higher being created me, I must also wonder how said higher being came to be.

If I just conclude that he has always been then I'm right back at being an atheist.

I can just say that the Universe has always been.....in other words, I'm just taking one step away.

What I'm doing is nothing less than what a theist does....he says god is the ultimate, he has no creator...I can say that about the universe as well.

What I have created is a paradox.

Excpet that, if one concludes God is real, one must conclude he created the universe, and therefor, the universe has a creator. Either way, something has always been.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Either way, something has always been.

Maybe.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever know the answer.

I accept the best current model of how the universe came to be.

Instead of boring you and anyone else that reads my post, I'll include an easy to understand image.

But of course this cosmological model does not explain what happened before this expansion....nor does it explain what caused it...or if it even had a cause.

I will also include a very informative video which anyone who reads this post can enjoy.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Perhaps God is the universe and we live in him and the reason he wants us to live by certain rules is if we don't he gets gas.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, trying to figure out where God came from is about as easy as explaining where the universe came from or what is beyond space and time. perhaps as humans our intellect will never be able to explain it with our logic.
    considering we don't know how particles gain mass and particles make up everything, we have a long way to go to just understand the basics.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

yes and no...what's the difference? Why do you care so much?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast