Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I didn't get that. I got "don't question God when little daily things happen to you. It happened for a reason and you don't know what it is."
    I think that doesn't make sense because I don't think God would stall your car to prevent you meeting a drunk driver. Expecting God to do things like that is like expecting a kid to micromanage his ant farm. God let's us live and die by our consequences. He doesn't take or save lives. Expecting that he would I think is naive. Thinking he helps some and not others doesn't make much sense to me either.
    If you take the whole bible as what it claims to be, it reads that God created man, raised man and now man is a rebellious young adult. The bible shows that he used to reward good behaviour and punish bad. Since Jesus, he's been very hands off about everything and let man find his own way.

Unfortunately, that led here.

so it seems that you, habs, and myself are pretty much in agreement that the original post is not how god works.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

On that much yes. How to react to it, well...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would you be snarky to the most powerful being to ever exist?
    Could you ask your questions with some respect?
    Do you expect God's responses to be the same in both situations?
    Did you make a giant spectacle of how you'd tell God he sucks at what he does?

It's the arrogance and attention seeking I have problems with. Although, apparently calling someone on their attention seeking is also a form of attention seeking. Makes no sense to me, but certain people are apparently allowed to change the meanings of words to fit their own ideas. Whoops, different thread.

I'm not sure. If he was telling me that he saved me from something and not another person in the same situation that may be asked with some snarkiness. I guess it depends if you feel like he's going to punish you in the moment. Hard to say, but get your point.

I guess we aren't in agreement about the severity of his post. I understand you posting about your dislike of his tone of the post, but I'm not sure it warrants pages of discussion. Although I do understand that it just morphs into that.

no matter what tone you use, the questions Habs poses in his post seem perfectly to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

On that much yes. How to react to it, well...

that's fair.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

This has been a great post.And it was all based on a what if

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not sure. If he was telling me that he saved me from something and not another person in the same situation that may be asked with some snarkiness. I guess it depends if you feel like he's going to punish you in the moment. Hard to say, but get your point.

I guess we aren't in agreement about the severity of his post. I understand you posting about your dislike of his tone of the post, but I'm not sure it warrants pages of discussion. Although I do understand that it just morphs into that.

no matter what tone you use, the questions Habs poses in his post seem perfectly to me.

I thought they were arrogant and immature, frankly. I also think the same of his ranting accusations and insults since. But whatever, I'm over it. I just hope he is too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

lol

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Guess not.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the facts are if God showed Himself to anyone, that person would not be anything but humbled and some would be scared. it is easy to talk smack about it till it happens.

The best part is, He will never reveal Himself to you. why? because you would lose freewill, you would lose out on being human, you would ignore important things like science and math, your existence would no longer matter, and that is not why we are here.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Jay, you know why we are here? Please share.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast