Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You're only a christian if you have accepted jesus as your personal saviour and truly believe that there is a god, and that jesus is his son.

Any reasonable facsimile does not hold water. If your behaviour does not reflect this, then you are a "jack christian".

In terms of Jay, I will let Jay answer for himself, for he is more than capable.

I see it the other way. The Jack Christians are the ones following the teachings of a church. True Christians follow the teachings of Christ.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I see it the other way. The Jack Christians are the ones following the teachings of a church. True Christians follow the teachings of Christ.

I didn't mention church anywhere, I said accept christ as your personal savoiur. If you do not live a life entirely devoted to jesus, then you are not a christian.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I didn't mention church anywhere, I said accept christ as your personal savoiur. If you do not live a life entirely devoted to jesus, then you are not a christian.

Did Jesus tell us to devote our entire lives to him, or did churches tell us that?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

That's it Habs, don't come up with anything of your own, just turn around what I say.

Why put thought into it, you don't into anything else?
    Your answers are still arrogant beyond belief because you claim you'd disrespect and tell off the creator of all things when, in reality, if God showed himself to you, you'd spend the whole time hoping you just sat on a pie.

It was the response I expect from a 14 year old. Not a thinking adult.

I am turning around what you say because you are doing exactly that. Did you not make the comments I just attributed to you? (put your answer here) Do they not sound like EXACTLY what you claim my comments sound like? (again, answer it here) When you accuse me of doing something that YOU have been repeatedly doing before I replied in kind, I have to respond. What a joke you have become.

Try to keep up with the discussion. The scenario is hypothetical right? If I buy into the existence of this God than he has to provide the answers the OP "hypothetically" suggested. You can't disect the OP's "hypothetical" scenario and believe parts of it but not all of it. If this God did actually exist, and I did have a conversation with Him. I would hope His answers were not so lame. If they were I would call Him on it. I wouldn't be ashamed, embarrassed or afraid of His responses.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

This is too funny. Remind us all who commented on whose post? I promise, next time I won't "drag" YOU into this crap.

Now back to the topic at hand. Doesn't anyone on here find God's answers in this scenario to be non-sensical? Does He have so much control over your minds that you would fear asking Him for a straight answer?

I find it non-sensical. And if you think god is able to adjust things like this to keep you away from drunk drivers, why doesn't he do the same thing for people who have been killed by drunk drivers or sick sandwich makers. Just doesn't seem reasonable for someone to think he can control things like this but not others.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I find it non-sensical. And if you think god is able to adjust things like this to keep you away from drunk drivers, why doesn't he do the same thing for people who have been killed by drunk drivers or sick sandwich makers. Just doesn't seem reasonable for someone to think he can control things like this but not others.

Not that he can, but that he would.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am turning around what you say because you are doing exactly that. Did you not make the comments I just attributed to you? (put your answer here) Do they not sound like EXACTLY what you claim my comments sound like? (again, answer it here) When you accuse me of doing something that YOU have been repeatedly doing before I replied in kind, I have to respond. What a joke you have become.

Try to keep up with the discussion. The scenario is hypothetical right? If I buy into the existence of this God than he has to provide the answers the OP "hypothetically" suggested. You can't disect the OP's "hypothetical" scenario and believe parts of it but not all of it. If this God did actually exist, and I did have a conversation with Him. I would hope His answers were not so lame. If they were I would call Him on it. I wouldn't be ashamed, embarrassed or afraid of His responses.

No, you would be disrespectful and venomous against the creator of all things. I would hope a thinking man would conduct himself with a touch of humility when faced with the creator and knower of all things.
    Also, as soon as you answer one thing differently, the entire conversation changes, so even hypothetically your responses make no sense.
    Now stop dragging me back into this.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Did Jesus tell us to devote our entire lives to him, or did churches tell us that?

Bible says so. You are not a christian, you are an arguer.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Bible says so. You are not a christian, you are an arguer.

I don't follow the Bible. Jesus never said to devote your life to him. If anything he said devote yourself to his father, but he didn't even say that. He said if you live with love for God and your fellow man you will be righteous. Nothing else is required, certainly not devotion.

In short, I follow what Jesus said, not what a bunch of people say Jesus said. I also think and interpret for myself, unlike any religion.

I follow Christ, yet you say I'm not a Christian because I don't follow men who claim to follow Christ but do not.

And I'm the arguer?
    You're stuck in preconceived notions and labels. Open your mind and let something in.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 02-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast