Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 Blasters of 2012 Contenders Football- Think I hit a SSP!!

So for the last couple days I have been searching around my area for these blasters. Luckily I have a Walmart, Target and Meijer all within 5 miles of where I live lol.

So I checked Walmart and Meijer today and nothing, but as I go down the card aisle at Target there was a guy restocking the shelves :) I didnt see any Contenders out so I asked him if he knew if he had any in the boxes that were unopened yet and he checked for me and there were 3 blaster boxes.

I bought two of them and the results were:

First blaster box:

Chris Rainey Rookie Ticket Auto Redemp: One sold for $100 and others are listed at $160 and $45 so I listed mine at $75.
    Alfred Morris Rookie of the Week Insert Week 12 Winner
    Russell Wilson Rookie Stallions Insert

So not too bad for the first blaster. I was really hoping to hit a Blair Walsh but did not unfortunately. Hes probably in the blaster I left on the shelf lol.

Second box:

RG3 Rookie of the Week Insert Week 4 Winner
    Trent Richardson Rookie Stallions Insert

Then the big hit (or at least I think so??): Janoris Jenkins Rookie Ticket Auto VARIATION!

None have been listed on eBay so far, besides mine which I just listed with a high BIN/BO option.

So does anyone think this Jenkins will be really short-printed? It wasnt on the original SP list of Contenders released by Panini last week, but I have a feeling that the Variation will be tough to find.

Does anyone have an idea of a fair value on it? If someone sends me a nice offer I'm not going to get greedy and turn down a big number, but I was hoping some more experienced Contenders collectors on here could tell me what kind of value would be appropriate for it.

Also is the price on the Chris Rainey fair? I don't want to undersell myself. Someone does have one listed for $45 but that could just be some idiot who knows lol.

Thanks for any info and help guys!

Nice blasters. Is 1 auto gauranteed in every blaster? Or did you just hit it good in retail today?
    The Cards that have a big red NFT bar next to them in my album are NOT FOR TRADE!
    For Trade Album - Hidden Content
    Collecting Jarius Wright & Vikings (Vikes Uni) Auto's

Janoris Jenkins Variations are limited to 50. The regular version is to 292. Great Pull Congrats

Correction: reg version is 292
    Last edited by texastexanCC; 02-20-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan4life View Post
    Nice blasters. Is 1 auto gauranteed in every blaster? Or did you just hit it good in retail today?
    One auto is guaranteed per blaster, so that made me a little less hesitant to buy them.

They are however, $29.99 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    Janoris Jenkins Variations are limited to 50. The regular version is to 296. Great Pull Congrats
    Where are you getting that info from? Just curious because that is amazing news for my card. I couldnt find any info on Jenkins anywhere. I hope you are right bud because this should fetch a nice bit of money if it really is #/50!

Why does the Rainey sell so well when you get 1 auto per blaster? I would think it would go for less then $10. Please give insight, thank you.

I pulled the Dont'a Hightower Variation SP /10 and sold it for 700. And Kellen Moore variation is SP/50 and his regular is /198. Thats just a killer pull from retail though. I had to bust a case to pull the Hightower lol.

Heres a link:
    http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ders-football/
    Last edited by texastexanCC; 02-20-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollectorman View Post
    Why does the Rainey sell so well when you get 1 auto per blaster? I would think it would go for less then $10. Please give insight, thank you.
    How is he suppose to know why a card is selling for what at any given time. He just pulled the card he didnt produce the set lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollectorman View Post
    And its short printed to only /288 and not many have been posted on ebay so Im guessing they inserted a ton of chris rainey into retail blasters so it makes it more enticing to bust.

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    I pulled the Dont'a Hightower Variation SP /10 and sold it for 700. And Kellen Moore variation is SP/50 and his regular is /198. Thats just a killer pull from retail though. I had to bust a case to pull the Hightower lol.

Heres a link:
    http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ders-football/
    Wow thanks man! I had no idea this was that great of a pull. At first I saw the name and was like great Janoris Jenkins lol. But then I saw the variation part and did a quick eBay search on my iPhone and was elated to see none were listed. I thought it might be a SSP. Thanks for that link, somehow I missed that one when I googled it lol.

This is definitely a better retail pull than I thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast