Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Not sure how "good" of a contributer I would be, but it keeps me away!

There's another point. Is this stuff keeping out people who could really add to the discussion?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Anyone with a point is good.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I'm noticing some major sensitivity on these boards lately. Tell someone you think their post is arrogant and you've now "insulted" them. Tell someone you think s/he's an angry person and you've now "insulted" them.

People need to calm down and stop taking things so seriously around here. Am I wrong? Is "angry" an insult now and I just didn't get the memo?

I call it the "Hollywood Factor". Those twerps that syphon money out of Americans wallets are outraged by everything. They hate Ricky Gervais because he tells the truth as the host of the Golden Globes. They hate him so much they invite him back twice.

Americans mock Hollywood. Hollywood is precious, and how dare somebody hold Hollywood as accountable as other Americans that actual have bills to pay.

Hollywood is precious, thin-skinned and indulgent, and today most Americans love to act entitled, love to think that they will never grow old or even die.

Insults are more often or not denial of truths that some are not prepared to deal with as they arise. If you don't want to deal with something that you know is true, just act outraged. It's the new millennia's way of tossing all the toys out of the crib without losing a single one.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I claim no responsibility for this

I call it the "Hollywood Factor". Those twerps that syphon money out of Americans wallets are outraged by everything.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What I find real ironic is a certian faction of people who frequent P&R feel that it is ok to insult if not downright make false and proposterous statements about President Obama and it is encouraged and cheerleaded on here but whenever I call out people like herman cain and allen west I am called a vicious racist (even though cain, west and I all have black skin) by the same people who hate our President. Oh the irony.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What I find real ironic is a certian faction of people who frequent P&R feel that it is ok to insult if not downright make false and proposterous statements about President Obama and it is encouraged and cheerleaded on here but whenever I call out people like herman cain and allen west I am called a vicious racist (even though cain, west and I all have black skin) by the same people who hate our President. Oh the irony.

Is it not possible to be a "self loathing" black? That's a serious question.

I will say though, I agree with most of that.
    I sometimes find it hard to believe the lack of respect the President of the United States gets. The same goes for Bush when he was in, really. It's possible to hate the man and respect his achieving that office and respect the office he holds. A lot of people don't seem to understand how to do that though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Bush took much more of a beating than Obama whether it was deserved or not.But I guess that is what it is all about being able to voice your displeasure about the POTUS of whomever you want.
    Is it not possible to be a "self loathing" black? That's a serious question.

I will say though, I agree with most of that.
    I sometimes find it hard to believe the lack of respect the President of the United States gets. The same goes for Bush when he was in, really. It's possible to hate the man and respect his achieving that office and respect the office he holds. A lot of people don't seem to understand how to do that though.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Bush took much more of a beating than Obama whether it was deserved or not.But I guess that is what it is all about being able to voice your displeasure about the POTUS of whomever you want.

I don't know if he took it worse. All I'm saying is it's possible to not like someone but respect their position. Too many can't do that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Agreed
    I don't know if he took it worse. All I'm saying is it's possible to not like someone but respect their position. Too many can't do that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

veggie, so you think because of the color of your skin you can't be racist? did you not call cain and others uncle toms and sell outs? (yes you did)

this would be the difference, calling someone an uncle tom is racist, those who do not like Obama's policies are some how racists, but when the last time I checked, policies has little to do with skin color. are there whites who did not vote for obama because he is black? I am sure there are, but percentage wise I am sure just as many blacks voted for him because he is black, and that too is racist.

anti obama does not mean anti black, nor more than anti bush means anti white, at least for some it doesn't

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast