Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Is Everything an Insult Now?

I'm noticing some major sensitivity on these boards lately. Tell someone you think their post is arrogant and you've now "insulted" them. Tell someone you think s/he's an angry person and you've now "insulted" them.

People need to calm down and stop taking things so seriously around here. Am I wrong? Is "angry" an insult now and I just didn't get the memo?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Hey I guess compliments fall there too.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hey I guess compliments fall there too.

Yeah, I noticed that. What's the deal there?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, how dare you say such things!! I find that to be an insult!!!

but seriously,

yes I have noticed the same thing. people don't seem to like the idea that people may have a different opinion than theirs and some how this is an insult or you are dumb for having a different opinion.

everyone seems to think they have the facts, but when you say otherwise, you are dumb or insulting them.

not sure, but it won't stop me from posting what I want to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

but seriously,

yes I have noticed the same thing. people don't seem to like the idea that people may have a different opinion than theirs and some how this is an insult or you are dumb for having a different opinion.

everyone seems to think they have the facts, but when you say otherwise, you are dumb or insulting them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like I said on another post we have so many experts here that I feel and my opinion only they are wasting their talents.These guys should be on CNN or soemthing not SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

maybe they have a face for radio?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well they have the mind for politics
    maybe they have a face for radio?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

but seriously,

Yeah, but that's always been true. It's getting worse around here though. Basic general statements are being taken as personal insults. Tell somebody they said something stupid and they take that as saying they're stupid.

I suppose part of it is the growing trend I'm noticing here of ignoring all but two or three words in a post and responding only to those two or three words. There's also more emphasis on "winning" a point than coming to an agreement. When a point can't be won on merrit, accusations of insults are flung about like feces in the monkey cage. I, for one, am quite sick of it. We all complain that the government is partisan and can't talk to each other and can't get anything done because of it, but looks at us. We're not even charged with these decisions. We're all here because we want to be and we still devolve into the same petty nonsense instead of just taking our lumps when they come. We all post stupid things from time to time, it doesn't make any one of us stupid. Yet when a stupid post is pointed out, it's immediately taken as an insult toward the speaker, not the statement.

Basically, I wish everyone would grow up a little and stop taking every little thing like the biggest attack on a person's character in the history of the world.

None of us is important enough to even be able to be subjected to that. Why do we all think we are?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm noticing some major sensitivity on these boards lately. Tell someone you think their post is arrogant and you've now "insulted" them. Tell someone you think s/he's an angry person and you've now "insulted" them.

People need to calm down and stop taking things so seriously around here. Am I wrong? Is "angry" an insult now and I just didn't get the memo?

Just to play the devil's advocate here.... Saying that someone's post was arrogant and calling them an angry person are kinda passive aggressive insults.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast