Braves to retire Chipper's number

http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2013/st...atlanta-braves

The Atlanta Braves will retire Chipper Jones' number and induct him into the team's hall of fame on June 28.

The Braves announced Tuesday they will hold a banquet and ceremony honoring Jones before their game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

No. 10 will be 10th number retired by the Braves, joining Hank Aaron's 44, Eddie Mathews' 41, Dale Murphy's 3, Phil Niekro's 35, Warren Spahn's 21, Greg Maddux's 31, Tom Glavine's 47, Bobby Cox's 6, and John Smoltz's 29. All major league teams retired No. 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    No surprise here...best 3rd baseman of all time and the 2nd best Brave of all time. Not going to discredit Aaron. :D

They sure didn't wait too long...
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Sure deserves it and Im sure the Mets will be glad he's not in our lineup anymore.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    They sure didn't wait too long...
    heh, even if they waited a few years it's not like they'd give to anyone in the mean time. i went from hating chipper as a kid to becoming a fan in the past few years. stats aside, i've got lots of respect for anyone that sticks with their original team in today's game. 1st ballot HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Peanut View Post
    heh, even if they waited a few years it's not like they'd give to anyone in the mean time. i went from hating chipper as a kid to becoming a fan in the past few years. stats aside, i've got lots of respect for anyone that sticks with their original team in today's game. 1st ballot HOF
    I feel like I speak for most Met fans when I say that we went from true, passionate, hatred towards Chipper to sarcastic taunting and even respect towards the end. I saw Chipper about 5 times in his last 2 seasons as a Brave and the Mets fans were nothing but respectful towards him, and he displayed that courtesy back. I was at his final game against the Mets in Queens and as he stepped to the plate for his final at-bat he received a curtain call. I'll always hate him for his statistical impact, but I have to respect a man of his caliber!
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

No steroids in his system .... just a passion to play the game "the right way".

Definitely deserving!!!!
    Collecting ALL Allen Iverson Items
    PM Me If You Have ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    I feel like I speak for most Met fans when I say that we went from true, passionate, hatred towards Chipper to sarcastic taunting and even respect towards the end. I saw Chipper about 5 times in his last 2 seasons as a Brave and the Mets fans were nothing but respectful towards him, and he displayed that courtesy back. I was at his final game against the Mets in Queens and as he stepped to the plate for his final at-bat he received a curtain call. I'll always hate him for his statistical impact, but I have to respect a man of his caliber!
    Well he did name his son Shea.
    Hidden Content
    Brian Orakpo and Sean Taylor Collector!!!
    I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (2004-2007), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.