Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The real face of MLB should be Mike Trout or Justin Verlander.
    ​Starting an Ian Desmond collection, any help is appreciated!

Without a doubt Mike Trout
    My main PC Player: LUKE HOCHEVAR
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    My Hoch Stats: 272/719 37.8%(including 1/1s) 269/473 56.9%(excluding 1/1s)

Trout really? Maybe for the future but if you asked the common man on the street they would know somebody like Jeter or even his teammate in Anaheim Albert Pujols instead of Trout. He is very well known in the baseball circle but outside of that I don't think many people even know who he is.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Trout really? Maybe for the future but if you asked the common man on the street they would know somebody like Jeter or even his teammate in Anaheim Albert Pujols instead of Trout. He is very well known in the baseball circle but outside of that I don't think many people even know who he is.
    If not Trout, then who? It's easily him, he's the most marketable player Baseball has.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    If not Trout, then who? It's easily him, he's the most marketable player Baseball has.
    Jeter?

Jeter?
    It's the face of MLB right now. Did Jeter or Pujols have as good as a year as Trout? Not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Royals-R-US View Post
    It's the face of MLB right now. Did Jeter or Pujols have as good as a year as Trout? Not even close
    Miguel Cabrera did just win the Triple Crown so if you are going by recent success he would be pretty hard to beat

Miguel Cabrera did just win the Triple Crown so if you are going by recent success he would be pretty hard to beat
    True, but I'm not a saber fan but if Trout played the whole year they would have made a quadruple crown for him. Home runs, RBIs, avg, and SB

Jeter?
    a 38 year old coming off a broken ankle? I don't see it. Trout is taking Baseball into a new era, in my opinion, and it is reflected is his popularity.

Cabrera isn't even the face of his own franchise (although I've thought for years he should be), he's just kind of hard to market given his past and his ability to speak English (which I think is fine, for the record).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

How many advertisements have you seen Mike Trout in? I don't remember a one. He's not very visible if he's supposed to be the face of baseball. Eventually he might be, but he's not now.

Justin Verlander, however, is everywhere. He's in commercials for MLB2K12 with Kate Upton. He's in Fathead commercials, he's in Chevrolet commercials. Watching "Castle" on TV last week, there was Justin Verlander selling Bayer.

Verlander is a squeaky clean guy. He's a Cy Young Award winner, an MVP winner. Rumors abound about him dating Upton, the two-time cover model for Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue. He's likable, he's a winner, he's on his way to Cooperstown if he keeps playing at this high level.

If anybody's the face of baseball, if any MLB athlete has the crossover appeal that companies love to have in their commercials, right now it's Justin Verlander.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast