Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vote down to Votto versus Kemp if anybody cares
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    How many advertisements have you seen Mike Trout in? I don't remember a one. He's not very visible if he's supposed to be the face of baseball. Eventually he might be, but he's not now.

Justin Verlander, however, is everywhere. He's in commercials for MLB2K12 with Kate Upton. He's in Fathead commercials, he's in Chevrolet commercials. Watching "Castle" on TV last week, there was Justin Verlander selling Bayer.

Verlander is a squeaky clean guy. He's a Cy Young Award winner, an MVP winner. Rumors abound about him dating Upton, the two-time cover model for Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue. He's likable, he's a winner, he's on his way to Cooperstown if he keeps playing at this high level.

If anybody's the face of baseball, if any MLB athlete has the crossover appeal that companies love to have in their commercials, right now it's Justin Verlander.
    One issue (well, besides Upton saying she's not dating Verlander, anymore atleast), he's a pitcher. I'd love if a Tiger was really considered the face of Baseball, but it's hard to be that when you only dominate once every 5 days.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

True, Gladdy, but Trout and the Angels haven't dominated yet, at least since he's been on the team.

To be the face of baseball, you have to be visible, and as young as Trout is, he's not at all visible off the playing field. Nobody outside of baseball knows who he is.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    How many advertisements have you seen Mike Trout in? I don't remember a one. He's not very visible if he's supposed to be the face of baseball. Eventually he might be, but he's not now.

Justin Verlander, however, is everywhere. He's in commercials for MLB2K12 with Kate Upton. He's in Fathead commercials, he's in Chevrolet commercials. Watching "Castle" on TV last week, there was Justin Verlander selling Bayer.

Verlander is a squeaky clean guy. He's a Cy Young Award winner, an MVP winner. Rumors abound about him dating Upton, the two-time cover model for Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue. He's likable, he's a winner, he's on his way to Cooperstown if he keeps playing at this high level.

If anybody's the face of baseball, if any MLB athlete has the crossover appeal that companies love to have in their commercials, right now it's Justin Verlander.

I agree, even as a Kemp fan and glad he's in the finals(voting for him myself) Verlander came to mind first, pitcher or not.

Kemp has had one great season in seven years in the bigs. One. And that big year came as he was up for a contract renewal. Nice guy for sure, but with all the talk about how he's "the most exciting player in the game", and "beast mode", what has he done? A .501 career slugging is hardly "beast mode". The hype is about all this potential he has. Well, at some point, the potential has to pan out. And with Kemp, it really hasn't. I hope that he can get back to where he was in 2011, because he was fun to watch. But Matt Kemp as the face of baseball? Ah, no. This is a bunch of Dodger fans stuffing the ballot.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

"Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same." Is this not your sig?!

This pertains to members opinions as well does it not? If nobody agrees with you, you bash them or question them. Who cares who cheers for who? Its that persons right!

I'm sick of you following me bashing Kemp! I even admitted and agreed with you that Verlander should be the face of the MLB. Sounds like sour grapes because now KEMP has beat Braun in the face of the MLB, the top 100 players in the MLB for 2 years in a row now. Yes, Braun got MVP and a 5 time Silver Slugger and accused 2 timer of PEDS(got me there).
    Kemp is a 2 time Gold Glove winner, 2 time Silver Slugger and a Hank Aaron award winner! (History of the Hank Aaron Award
    This coveted honor is awarded annually to the best overall offensive performer in both the American League and National League. Originally introduced in 1999 to honor the 25th anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's all-time home run record, the Hank Aaron Award was the first major award to be introduced in 30 years. )

And if it is Dodger fans stuffing the ballots then maybe Brewer fans don't want to vote for a cheater!

You are the most disrespectful person I have encountered on this site and it makes me mad that you feel only your opinion is the one that matters!

Has anyone even mentioned Albert Pujols? You know the 2 time world series champ, 6 time silver slugger, 2 time gold glove, 9 time all star, and not to mention a 3 time MVP. I know he had a bad start but look at his game log starting at July to the end he was the Machine we all knew.
    My main PC Player: LUKE HOCHEVAR
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    My Hoch Stats: 272/719 37.8%(including 1/1s) 269/473 56.9%(excluding 1/1s)

Quote Originally Posted by Royals-R-US View Post
    Has anyone even mentioned Albert Pujols? You know the 2 time world series champ, 6 time silver slugger, 2 time gold glove, 9 time all star, and not to mention a 3 time MVP. I know he had a bad start but look at his game log starting at July to the end he was the Machine we all knew.
    And should be even better with Hamilton there. He should've been in the talks too.

It's hard to be the face of Baseball when you aren't the face of your own team.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Agree he should have been in there.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast