Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    It's hard to be the face of Baseball when you aren't the face of your own team.
    Yes that is true Mike Trout had probably the best year in baseball only to Miguel Cabrera. But Pujols had 10 amazing years.
    My main PC Player: LUKE HOCHEVAR
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    My Hoch Stats: 272/719 37.8%(including 1/1s) 269/473 56.9%(excluding 1/1s)

Quote Originally Posted by Royals-R-US View Post
    Yes that is true Mike Trout had probably the best year in baseball only to Miguel Cabrera. But Pujols had 10 amazing years.
    Yes, but that doesn't make him the face of the Angels. How could a guy who is not the face of his own team be the face of Baseball?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't make him the face of the Angels. How could a guy who is not the face of his own team be the face of Baseball?
    I understand your point but Trout only has one year, and you don't know what he will do based on that. Trout can maybe be a 40/40 guy, or be injured the whole year and never be the same. While with Pujols you know what you are getting with his steady numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals-R-US View Post
    I understand your point but Trout only has one year, and you don't know what he will do based on that. Trout can maybe be a 40/40 guy, or be injured the whole year and never be the same. While with Pujols you know what you are getting with his steady numbers.
    Do you think Pujols is the face of the Angels? I'm sure the majority of fans believe it's Trout, and I'm sure the team does as well.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I think it's Trout, I'm just saying Pujols has a better track record

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant #88 View Post
    "Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same." Is this not your sig?!

This pertains to members opinions as well does it not? If nobody agrees with you, you bash them or question them. Who cares who cheers for who? Its that persons right!

I'm sick of you following me bashing Kemp! I even admitted and agreed with you that Verlander should be the face of the MLB. Sounds like sour grapes because now KEMP has beat Braun in the face of the MLB, the top 100 players in the MLB for 2 years in a row now. Yes, Braun got MVP and a 5 time Silver Slugger and accused 2 timer of PEDS(got me there).
    Kemp is a 2 time Gold Glove winner, 2 time Silver Slugger and a Hank Aaron award winner! (History of the Hank Aaron Award
    This coveted honor is awarded annually to the best overall offensive performer in both the American League and National League. Originally introduced in 1999 to honor the 25th anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's all-time home run record, the Hank Aaron Award was the first major award to be introduced in 30 years. )

And if it is Dodger fans stuffing the ballots then maybe Brewer fans don't want to vote for a cheater!

You are the most disrespectful person I have encountered on this site and it makes me mad that you feel only your opinion is the one that matters!
    Where have I stated, or even insinuated that my opinion was the only one that mattered? If your whole opinion of me has been formulated based on one discussion where my favorite baseball player is being slandered, then you're not getting the whole picture at all.

As for your being mad, I'm sorry you feel that way. But let's get one thing out of the way. I have never "followed you" anywhere. If I post in the same thread you do, it is mere coincidence. The only time I can ever remember your posting was in the "Ryan Braun's in trouble again thread". As a Braun fan, did you not expect me to not post in it?

Here's pretty much my first impression of you:

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant #88 View Post
    Can we take his (Braun's) MVP now?!! and give it to Matt Kemp who should've won it!!
    You're wanting to take an MVP award from a player that earned it based off of...what? I'm not going to rehash the whole PED conversation, but you did immediately chime in as so many Matt Kemp fans have for the last year +. If you look back through my history, I have said many times that I felt that Kemp and Braun likely could have been Co-MVPs, and I'd have been happy to see it. I have been highly complimentary of Kemp when it has been warranted. But when the talk turns to how Matt Kemp got robbed, I'm going to express my opinion. And that opinion is "no, Matt Kemp did not get robbed, it's been well over a year, move on. Do you see me talking at all about Ryan Braun getting jobbed for this year's MVP? No. I stated my case when the vote came out, I saw that Posey won it, I congratulated him, and I let it go.

Secondly, this is a thread about the "face of baseball", and I am disputing Kemp's worthiness as a candidate. It's not a personal attack on him in any way, nor is it meant to impugn you as a fan. He seems like a really nice guy, and he's got incredible talent. But the history of baseball is littered with players that have had great talent, and haven't achieved to their potential. And I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude (I'm not), but the fact remains that Kemp has had one great year. Period. To listen to the talk about him, you'd think he's the second coming of Mickey Mantle. He may yet become an all-time great, and nobody would be happier than me to see him attain his potential. I said I hoped he could get back to where he was in 2011, because he was fun to watch, did I not? I like Matt Kemp. But that does not mean I am going to wear rose colored glasses when it comes to a discussion about which one player is most representative of the sport.

Here are Matt Kemp's 162 game averages for his career, not including his 2011 season:

731 games (4.51 seasons)
    590 AB
    .288 AVG
    94 runs
    170 hits
    29 doubles
    6 triples
    25 HR
    89 RBI
    25 SB
    10 CS
    71% steal rate
    50 BB
    151 K
    286 TB
    .485 SLG

He's a nice player statistically, but the face of baseball should be not only one of the most marketable players in the sport, he should also be one of the greats. And I'm sorry to say this, outside of his contract year, Matt Kemp has been a very good player, not great. .288/25/89/.485 SLG is a borderline All Star. Some of it is injuries, absolutely. Some of it is his head (his breakup with his girlfriend being the reasoning I've read from Dodger fans for his sub-par 2010). Maybe there's other reasons (I will leave that to Dodger fans to determine).

If you agree with me about Verlander, that's your right. If you don't think Dodger went nuts voting for him, that's also your right. Logic would dictate that fans of the Giants, Cardinals, Yankees and all the other teams are not voting for Matt Kemp as the face of baseball though. The Los Angeles metropolitan area has nearly 13 million people. It was not my intention to assign blame to Dodger fans for doing something wrong. They showed up in force.

I'm sorry you think I am being disrespectful by stating an opinion. This is a discussion board, and the focus of this conversation is now on a player that I do not feel is worthy of being the one player above all others that baseball is instantly associated with. Matt Kemp is a great player when he is healthy, and gives his best effort.

By the way, in your rush to judge me, you missed my apologizing to you directly in the previously mentioned Braun thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    All I'm asking is that people not jump to conclusions, and if I've gotten heated with you, Bryant #88, I'm sorry. I'll apologize now :) My ire is not directed at you. I'm so tired of people who haven't read one page of expert testimony on this case definitively saying "he's guilty". The guy who read everything, Shyam Das, determined the suspension was inappropriate, and overturned. Then, under the most intense scrutiny imaginable, Braun goes out and has another MVP season, even better than the 2011 season in question. Doesn't that make anybody pause for just a second?
    Last edited by the 'stache; 03-03-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: condensed quote
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    Where have I stated, or even insinuated that my opinion was the only one that mattered? If your whole opinion of me has been formulated based on one discussion where my favorite baseball player is being slandered, then you're not getting the whole picture at all.

As for your being mad, I'm sorry you feel that way. But let's get one thing out of the way. I have never "followed you" anywhere. If I post in the same thread you do, it is mere coincidence. The only time I can ever remember your posting was in the "Ryan Braun's in trouble again thread". As a Braun fan, did you not expect me to not post in it?

Here's pretty much my first impression of you:

You're wanting to take an MVP award from a player that earned it based off of...what? I'm not going to rehash the whole PED conversation, but you did immediately chime in as so many Matt Kemp fans have for the last year +. If you look back through my history, I have said many times that I felt that Kemp and Braun likely could have been Co-MVPs, and I'd have been happy to see it. I have been highly complimentary of Kemp when it has been warranted. But when the talk turns to how Matt Kemp got robbed, I'm going to express my opinion. And that opinion is "no, Matt Kemp did not get robbed, it's been well over a year, move on. Do you see me talking at all about Ryan Braun getting jobbed for this year's MVP? No. I stated my case when the vote came out, I saw that Posey won it, I congratulated him, and I let it go.

Secondly, this is a thread about the "face of baseball", and I am disputing Kemp's worthiness as a candidate. It's not a personal attack on him in any way, nor is it meant to impugn you as a fan. He seems like a really nice guy, and he's got incredible talent. But the history of baseball is littered with players that have had great talent, and haven't achieved to their potential. And I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude (I'm not), but the fact remains that Kemp has had one great year. Period. To listen to the talk about him, you'd think he's the second coming of Mickey Mantle. He may yet become an all-time great, and nobody would be happier than me to see him attain his potential. I said I hoped he could get back to where he was in 2011, because he was fun to watch, did I not? I like Matt Kemp. But that does not mean I am going to wear rose colored glasses when it comes to a discussion about which one player is most representative of the sport.

Here are Matt Kemp's 162 game averages for his career, not including his 2011 season:

731 games (4.51 seasons)
    590 AB
    .288 AVG
    94 runs
    170 hits
    29 doubles
    6 triples
    25 HR
    89 RBI
    25 SB
    10 CS
    71% steal rate
    50 BB
    151 K
    286 TB
    .485 SLG

He's a nice player statistically, but the face of baseball should be not only one of the most marketable players in the sport, he should also be one of the greats. And I'm sorry to say this, outside of his contract year, Matt Kemp has been a very good player, not great. .288/25/89/.485 SLG is a borderline All Star. Some of it is injuries, absolutely. Some of it is his head (his breakup with his girlfriend being the reasoning I've read from Dodger fans for his sub-par 2010). Maybe there's other reasons (I will leave that to Dodger fans to determine).

If you agree with me about Verlander, that's your right. If you don't think Dodger went nuts voting for him, that's also your right. Logic would dictate that fans of the Giants, Cardinals, Yankees and all the other teams are not voting for Matt Kemp as the face of baseball though. The Los Angeles metropolitan area has nearly 13 million people. It was not my intention to assign blame to Dodger fans for doing something wrong. They showed up in force.

I'm sorry you think I am being disrespectful by stating an opinion. This is a discussion board, and the focus of this conversation is now on a player that I do not feel is worthy of being the one player above all others that baseball is instantly associated with. Matt Kemp is a great player when he is healthy, and gives his best effort.

By the way, in your rush to judge me, you missed my apologizing to you directly in the previously mentioned Braun thread.
    Pm sent. I believe all is well.

Looks like Votto won MLB Network's Face of MLB over Kemp
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Looks like Votto won MLB Network's Face of MLB over Kemp
    YAAAAAAY !!!!!! LOL Sorry he was my homer pick :)
    Collecting:
    Cincinnati Reds Certified Autograph Cards
    Dayton Flyers Basketball Anything

Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234