Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You make a good point.

I'm just not sure if overt discrimination is any worse than hidden discrimination though.

Covert discrimination happens by the second, and it's just as wrong as public discrimination. Some people just have tight lips, others cannot help themselves and come out with it. It's just easier to say "Nothing Personal, Just Business"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

Well I have an interesting story to tell as my wife and I used them for our wedding back in August.

First off, their cake is FANTASTIC. I want to put that out there. Objectively, it is awesome.

Secondly, while we are a white man and a white woman, I can say that they never asked us about our religion or anything like that prior to providing service. My wife is probably atheist (doesn't practice anything, including atheism, lol) and I'm like Buddhist/Unitarian-Universalist (or no title at all, mostly). I also didn't get that feeling from them as the wife was extremely nice, we dealt mostly with her. The guy seemed kinda standoff-ish though.

Either way, they were fantastic in delivering our cake 2 hours away on a weekday when their shop was open. They run the shop themselves and were extremely nice people.

With that information that came out, I would feel kind of guilty going back there. I mean, we get a free cake in August, but I would feel bad eating it knowing that it could have gone to a nice gay couple instead who were turned down because of that.

But damn if that cake wasn't the best cake I've ever had.

Legally, that guy is an idiot for saying that out loud. He is going to cost himself his business. I don't care that he believes that, though I believe it isn't a correct way of thinking, but he can keep it to himself. Do unto others. I'm sure he would be just as pissed if his favorite store wouldn't serve him anymore because he was Christian.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

there is a big difference between religion and sexual preferences. this idiot is like most bigots who use religion to hide behind the fact they are just plain old bigots, it has nothing to do with God.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

You actually bring up a good point. I do have a slight problem with women's only gyms. I understand the market and need for them, but at the same time, if an overt "men only" gym opened up for the same reasons (men have body image issues too) the owner would be crucified for discrimination. It's at a point where, in some areas, we have not only achieved equality, we have surpassed it and begun to put those who were on "the bottom" on "top" to a place where they are untouchable.

A men's only gym would be a complete flop and no one would use it.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 02-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

A mens only Gym would only appeal to the Masons, so they could continue to mo each other. There aren't however many Masons left any more.

It's simply not cool to belong to a secreted, bigoted, selfish, misogynistic cult of Uphill Gardeners anymore. There are many that would like to, but that would require an explanation to your wife and to society in general.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

A men's only gym would be a complet flop and no one would use it.

I know. That's totally not the point though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know. That's totally not the point though.

You were making the point that everyone would raise a big stink over it. Sure it would get some press on the news because of the unique concept but no one would get all hot and bothered over it (pun intended) and at the end of the day most if not all straight guys would not want to go to an exclusively male gym. It could possibly be a novelty within the gay community but that's about it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You were making the point that everyone would raise a big stink over it. Sure it would get some press on the news because of the unique concept but no one would get all hot and bothered over it (pun intended) and at the end of the day most if not all straight guys would not want to go to an exclusively male gym. It could possibly be a novelty within the gay community but that's about it.

Fine. Replace "gym" with "viable business". The point stands.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fine. Replace "gym" with "viable business". The point stands.

Unless a business if offering a product or service that is only applicable to males it wouldn't be feasible to operate any business exclusively to males. Even if you look at strip clubs females are welcome to watch other females dance. No one would try to operate a males only business because it would make zero sense.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Unless a business if offering a product or service that is only applicable to males it wouldn't be feasible to operate any business exclusively to males. Even if you look at strip clubs females are welcome to watch other females dance. No one would try to operate a males only business because it would make zero sense.

So the point is invalid because the business wouldn't be financially viable. Not for any reason related to the point whatsoever, but for a cometely unrelated reason.

How do you want me to word it before you'll see the point being made? It's obvious you get what I'm saying, but you keep going to unrelated things. Why?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast