Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 surprises

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Top 10 surprises

We're nearly a third of the way into the campaign already. While Peter Pessimist rants and raves about how Alex Ovechkin is sucking and Brian Elliott isn't repeating his surprise 2011-12 season, the optimists can take some positives from the early numbers. It would be easy to list 50 players here, I've managed to whittle it down to 10. Here are the notable, positive surprises so far:

10. Jiri Hudler, Calgary
    Yes, we knew Hudler had talent. And yes, we knew that the Flames were investing a lot in him, as one of their two big free agent forward signings. He was going to get a lot of ice time in a lot of great situations. But even so, fantasy owners were unsure of what the result would be. He had his ups and downs in the Kontinental League, to say nothing of Detroit. But close to a point per game is a great start in Calgary.

9. Nazem Kadri, Toronto

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20130220

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

David Clarkson.

Continues to be ignored by many, especially Bruins and Canucks fans ...... Lol I wonder why?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Vanek, did not see him coming, maybe he has finally forgotten about his monster contract and is just playing the game.
    JVR, leads the Leafs with 11 goals, 15 pts in 18 games
    Corey Crawford, and Ray Emery, both undefeated, never thought of Crawford as a elite #1.
    Selanne, still going stong, leading the surprising Ducks in scoring.
    Brad Marchand, leads Bruin's with 9 goals, has more skill than people give him credit for.
    Clarkson, 10 goals already, have no reason to ignore him, just haven't heard much about him or any Devils...
    and speaking of Devil's, Marty Broduer, somehow he still has the magic!!
    and again, those Devils, Patrick Elias, how old is this guy? 8th in scoring, 21 pts, one spot ahead of Malkin, and +11.
    The Habs, first in the east!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I, as a Canucks fan, am quite impressed with Clarkson this season.
    I, as a Canucks fan, also have to put a few names out there:

Jordan Schroeder: Everyone said Hodgson would have a tough time getting onto a team with H Sedin, Kesler and Lapierre. Everyone also said Schroeder would never make it because he was behind Hodgson. A Hodgon trade and a Kesler surgery later and Schroeder has not only made the team but stuck. The line of Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen is arguably the fastest...and smallest in the league. His first goal was 2 game winners (shootout winner followed by a game winner left him with 1G, 2GWG). He's playing powerplay, he's a good forechecker and a hard skater. I'm impressed and I didn't expect to see him in a Canucks jersey ever.

Zack Kassian: I knew he'd be good, but not this good this soon. His work with Daniel and Henrik over the summer/lockout has really added an element of maturity to his game I didn't expect to see for a few more years. Regardless of what Hodgson does in Buffalo, if Kassian stays on the path he's on, the Canucks won this trade, hands down.

Keith Ballard/Chris Tanev: Who would have thought that the Canucks third pairing, Keith "We took on a bad contract" Ballard and Chris "I look good, but I'm unproven" Tanev would emerge early on as the top defense duo. While Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler and Garrison struggled early on, these two held down the fort. Now those guys are playing like they can and the Tanev/Ballard tandem has gone from "possible liability" to "possible best 3rd pairing in the league"

Cory Schneider/Roberto Luongo: Who would have though, less than 15 games in, Luongo would be the stud and Schneider would be the question mark?

Oh yeah, THIS GUY!!!!!!!

I'm pointing at myself, guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

David Clarkson.

Continues to be ignored by many, especially Bruins and Canucks fans ...... Lol I wonder why?

Lol...you say the goofiest things sometimes, what specifically would it be about B's and Canucks fans? did these 2 teams pass on him at sometime? If its becasue the Devil's are a threat, well no kidding, they always seem to be, but if any team concerns me, seems like a pretty big storm is brewing in the windy city.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Damien Brunner should be on that list.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Lol...you say the goofiest things sometimes, what specifically would it be about B's and Canucks fans? did these 2 teams pass on him at sometime? If its becasue the Devil's are a threat, well no kidding, they always seem to be, but if any team concerns me, seems like a pretty big storm is brewing in the windy city.

Team Canada. Not one person in Boston or Vancouver wants him on the team. They are blinded by Lucic

Kapeesh?

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok than, although never figured for Lucic being in the mix, to slow for the big ice surface, Bergeron if anyone.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Team Canada. Not one person in Boston or Vancouver wants him on the team. They are blinded by Lucic

Kapeesh?

Who wants Lucic? The last thing we need in the Olympics is a suspension.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok than, although never figured for Lucic being in the mix, to slow for the big ice surface, Bergeron if anyone.

Who does Kapeesh play for?? ;P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast