Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The Original Christians were vegetarian/vegan

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

That's an easy guess. The only bovine meat Jews eat is from the mid-chest of the bovine animal forward. Everything beef that is consumed by a Kosher Jew is primarily a derivative from Brisket. Now, at the time of jesus, Palestine was not a hotbed of beef. There was probably little to be had.

Jews can only eat fish that have scales, they are not suppose to eat Mollusks, or Crustaceans, and they cannot eat goat. Chicken, Lamb and Fish with scales is all they were allowed to eat if they could get any..

Protein sources of the old world were of the variety of Lentil, Chickpea, green and yellow peas, field peas, etc. Most Jews were poor and ate what they could readily get their hands on, and that was consisting primarily of vegetables that yield a protein source, and Eggs.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-22-2013 at 02:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

yep and they were Catholics too!

BANNED

Country

Don't act like a Melvin, it's beneath you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

yep and they were Catholics too!

I haven't done the research but I have also heard that christianity as we know today evolved from catholism. I can do some more research if anyone is interested in discussion on another thread and post if you like.

BANNED

Country

Protestants of the World hate Catholics more than they hate the Nazis, French, Mexicans, and Russians combined. They were indoctrinated that way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

I have no problem with vegetarians and think that it can be a very healthy choice. However, there is no biblical evidence that supports requiring Christians to be vegetarian or vegan. The article that you posted uses many questionable sources and is very slanted. If you want to choose to believe questionable sources like "The Gospel of the Perfect Life", which even prominent animal rights supporters are skeptical of, then that is your own choice and I have no problem with that. The justification for requiring "true" Christians to be vegetarian however, simply does not exist in the Bible.

BANNED

Country

I have no problem with vegetarians and think that it can be a very healthy choice. However, there is no biblical evidence that supports requiring Christians to be vegetarian or vegan. The article that you posted uses many questionable sources and is very slanted. If you want to choose to believe questionable sources like "The Gospel of the Perfect Life", which even prominent animal rights supporters are skeptical of, then that is your own choice and I have no problem with that. The justification for requiring "true" Christians to be vegetarian however, simply does not exist in the Bible.

The first followers of jesus that stayed in Palestine were Jews, and buried as such before sundown on the next day, by their families, in accordance with the Torah. That's why I mentioned Jews.

The first group of christians to be recognized as such, did not come until some 100 years plus, later. So for some Reborn twonk to say that the 1st followers of christ were vegan, is nothing but horse-puckies.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-22-2013 at 03:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So for some Reborn twonk to say that the 1st followers of christ were vegan, is nothing but horse-puckies.

hey, something we agree on!!

veggie, you will be wasting your time, Catholics were the first organized religion under roman law, but not the first christians. Though many would love to label him as such, but Peter was not Catholic nor a Pope, not ever recognized himself as one.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Christianity today is basically Catholics and Protestants. Protestants grew out of Catholocism and Catholocism was the first official Christian church. Of course "official" and "true" have two very different meanings.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast