Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who do the Chiefs select with the #1 pick in the draft?

Who do you think they go with? Luke Joeckel? Geno Smith? Leon Sandcastle? Somebody else?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

need to trade out of it. they got to many holes to fill for just one pick.
    TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD!

Yea I think they should trade it. Hahahah Leon Sandcastle!!!! I love that commercial
    I DO NOT SHIP OUT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Hidden Content

I believe they should trade their first pick, but what team is going to NEED the first pick out of this draft class?

-Robert Lewis

I really don't think the Chiefs have that many holes. Top 5 running game last year, and a decent WR if they keep Bowe. Defense wasn't terrible either, but could use a run-stopper. Their #1 need is a QB. And I think one could argue that if they had a good QB last year, they would have been in the mix for a Wild Card spot. While it wouldn't hurt to get someone that can stop the run, these guys aren't impossible to find in the 2nd or 3rd round, or even in free agency for that matter. And they could also use a solid #2 across from Bowe, but again, not something that is impossible to find in the mid-rounds or FA.

All that being said, I'm not sure there are any QB's worth taking #1 overall in this draft. But I don't think a trade down is necessary, they don't have that many holes in my opinion.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I think the Chiefs would love it if somebody was stupid enough to jump on the #1 pick and trade them a ton to get it but I don't see that happening with this non top heavy draft. Making a leap to get somebody like RGIII makes sense but I don't see something like that happening this year. The Chiefs have a pretty good roster for a team that finished with the worst record so that kinda complicates the matter. They don't really have an immediate need that would get filled with the pick and there doesn't seem to be any interest from other teams to trade for it either.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Trade out of it. An OL isnt going to solve their problems

if they were smart they would trade the #1 pick to the seahawks for flynn and the hawks first round pick or something of that nature. that would greatly boost their main pressing need and give them a chance to still pick up another receiver to replace bowe.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Bears need a great OL player, I think they would be interested.
    I collect Montee Ball, Denver Broncos, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon, Chris Borland, Brett Smith
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

The will do something stupid like draft Geno Smith and then spend the next 4 years trying to make him a franchise QB and wondering why it doesn't work.

Any move that involves trading down for them is a good one. They have needs at QB, WR and TE and could use some help at DE, FS and LB. Problem is that none of those positions have value at the #1 pick. Taking Joeckel at #1 probably makes the most sense if they keep the pick so that they can protect the blindside of whoever they have at QB. However, Andy Reid can't win without a franchise QB and he will take Smith #1 overall in hopes that he is a better QB than everyone can see he is, because he knows that his time in KC will be short without a game changer under center.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast