Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alex smith looks to be going to the chiefs. hawks are looking to trade flynn and the browns are looking to spend money and it isnt from the draft they are talking about. i still see flynn going to them dispite having drafted weeden last year. wouldnt really hurt to keep weeden as the #2 in case flynn doesnt work out anyway.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    alex smith looks to be going to the chiefs. hawks are looking to trade flynn and the browns are looking to spend money and it isnt from the draft they are talking about. i still see flynn going to them dispite having drafted weeden last year. wouldnt really hurt to keep weeden as the #2 in case flynn doesnt work out anyway.
    I can't see the Browns taking Flynn with Chud being the coach. Flynn doesn't have a noodle arm, but I don't think his arm is really what Chud likes in a QB. If we still were running the WCO, I could see us making a move for Flynn.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

only problem is Alex smith will most likely be off the market and we can only hope they don't draft yet another qb in the first round since that never works for them. I honestly hope if they don't get Flynn that they keep weeden and build a team around him. If they take the best receiver in the draft and pick up a really good right tackle and defensive end, possibly sign Connor barwin since the Texans won't have the money to resign him. They could be a playoff contender if they draft right in the first 2 rounds and get 1 maybe 2 free agents. Not many teams have the luxury of cap space and high round picks lime the browns do. Either way this off-season will show what browns fans have to look forward to for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    only problem is Alex smith will most likely be off the market and we can only hope they don't draft yet another qb in the first round since that never works for them. I honestly hope if they don't get Flynn that they keep weeden and build a team around him. If they take the best receiver in the draft and pick up a really good right tackle and defensive end, possibly sign Connor barwin since the Texans won't have the money to resign him. They could be a playoff contender if they draft right in the first 2 rounds and get 1 maybe 2 free agents. Not many teams have the luxury of cap space and high round picks lime the browns do. Either way this off-season will show what browns fans have to look forward to for the next decade.
    I definitely think the Browns should give Weeden another season, and I honestly don't think they will pursue a new starting QB in FA or the draft. They might bring in someone like Derek Anderson or Matt Moore that fit the offense and give Weeden a little competition, but in the end Weeden will be starting unless he regresses in camp.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    I definitely think the Browns should give Weeden another season, and I honestly don't think they will pursue a new starting QB in FA or the draft. They might bring in someone like Derek Anderson or Matt Moore that fit the offense and give Weeden a little competition, but in the end Weeden will be starting unless he regresses in camp.
    I hope you're right. Just as a football fan I hope better things for the browns. If they keep weeden they will focus on needs elsewhere which is an improvement in itself. That's a much needed move in the right direction for the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    I think that is the right thing for them. Keeping on investing in the QB position and ignoring other needs accomplishes nothing. I am not as sure as you that it will happen tho since VP of Player Personnel Michael Lombardi has already gone on record about Weeden calling drafting him a "panicked disaster".

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I think that is the right thing for them. Keeping on investing in the QB position and ignoring other needs accomplishes nothing. I am not as sure as you that it will happen tho since VP of Player Personnel Michael Lombardi has already gone on record about Weeden calling drafting him a "panicked disaster".
    True, but for him to badly reach/settle for a QB in the draft or free agency would also be a panicked disaster on his part. I'd like to think that if there are no QB's worth taking at the top of the draft or in free agency, then he'd just stick with Weeden instead of forcing a bad pick/signing.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12