Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Sickest Patch Set I Have Ever Seen! Check These Out!

Wow, I wish I had even a quarter of the this set.......just about the best I have ever seen.

I actually think the price isn't far off.......what do you think about this set?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIMAGGIO-CLE...item48473e2a95
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content (Use this first because it's just better!!)
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

I like the set and it was great before patch fakers got their hands on it but I still think one of the greatest game used patch sets are the 2005 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Jumbo Patch cards.

The sequel in 2009 wasn't as good but sequels rarely are.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Patches are one are where I think that Upper Deck really owned over Topps
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content
    Offering a finders fee for the 2013 Prizm Finite Chris Herrmann 1/1!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
    Patches are one are where I think that Upper Deck really owned over Topps
    This is 100% true. Topps was very late to the patch game and they are always stingy about using or having patches in their sets. Makes you wonder what they do with all the patches over the years if they aren't inserting them into products?

...wow. I just got into collecting cards about a year ago. I thought patches like these in baseball were non-existant. If I pulled a patch half as good as these I'd feel like it ought to be a 1/1. I really wish Topps didn't rule baseball. I love football so much more because there's more patches, less expensive, more hits, and all and all, in my opinion, better looking cards. In baseball, topps could put out a set of autos all on dummy cards and people would still buy them. I think if panini was as big of a presence in baseball as they are football these type of patches would be pulled all the time.

Totally agree with you. Topps has gone downhill since UD left the scene. As with any market, there has to be competition

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Gentleman View Post
    ...wow. I just got into collecting cards about a year ago. I thought patches like these in baseball were non-existant. If I pulled a patch half as good as these I'd feel like it ought to be a 1/1. I really wish Topps didn't rule baseball. I love football so much more because there's more patches, less expensive, more hits, and all and all, in my opinion, better looking cards. In baseball, topps could put out a set of autos all on dummy cards and people would still buy them. I think if panini was as big of a presence in baseball as they are football these type of patches would be pulled all the time.
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content
    Offering a finders fee for the 2013 Prizm Finite Chris Herrmann 1/1!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Gentleman View Post
    Yeah Upper Deck has their problems but I always liked the top quality of their high end cards. Here are some of their super patches from Upper Deck:

These are already 10 years old and they are better than most of the Topps patches that they have ever put out.

I love upper deck. Wish sweet spot was still around for baseball. One of my favorite products.

Topps probably sold all the patches off their jerseys to UD, haha. In reality, Topps - being as conservative as they are - just doesn't use many patches so they don't have to acquire many GU items. Whereas UD must have spent 10X more on acquiring jerseys to keep up with the amount and quality of patch cards offered.

On a side note, I have a Todd Helton UD Super Patch Logos incoming....it looks awesome, can't wait to get it in hand.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Agree I liked upper deck way better when it came to patches. Wish UD was still in the game.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast