Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Looking for all Roy Campanella cards: base, inserts, GU, anything I don't have is fair game.

^ Sweet collection! Love the Campanella's!
    Hidden Content
    ONLY SHIP ON MON & FRI UNLESS PWE. U.S. ONLY
    Dodgers: 1955, 1959, 1963, 1965, 1981, 1988

LambeauSouth would you want to trade for the Jean Segura auto?
    My main PC Players: LUKE HOCHEVAR AND LOGAN MORRISON
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    Interested in older Royals also like: George Brett, Frank White, Bo Jackson, Brett Saberhagen

Cwazzy, I love those cards! That's the direction I really want to take with my collection (and I will). I'll still buy the baseball Chromes (as well as the modern football cards for my PC), but I have such a passion for vintage. They represent the connection to the game's past. Those T206s are just beautiful, as are the Campys. I like, too, that you have nice diversity in your Campanellas-Topps, Bowman and locals. I tip my hat to you! Bravo!

Mario, those Kemps are gorgeous. Isn't it amazing how nice those Triple Thread cards look? They're thick card stock just like the Five Star line, yet for some reason, the Five Star cards have just lousy edges and corners. If I could get more thick card stock issues that looked like yours, I'd dive in headfirst. But they are so condition sensitive. I'm curious, did you get those from packs, or did you buy them individually?

BTW, I am going to add a 2005 Chrome Matt Kemp auto here very soon. I think now is the time to get it, as the price dipped a bit after a really good, but injury-shortened 2012. If he does what I think he's going to do in 2013, his Chrome auto is going to skyrocket again. In fact, I think I'll buy it a the end of this month. If I wait, he'll have another huge April like he did last season, hitting .455 with 12 HR, and my piggy bank will suffer as a result!

Royals-R-US, thank you, but I really don't do any trading of my cards. Anything I get is for my personal collection. I bought that Segura about an hour after the Brewers got him in the Greinke trade, and I'm actually going to start collecting him as part of my Brewers PC.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    Cwazzy, I love those cards! That's the direction I really want to take with my collection (and I will). I'll still buy the baseball Chromes (as well as the modern football cards for my PC), but I have such a passion for vintage. They represent the connection to the game's past. Those T206s are just beautiful, as are the Campys. I like, too, that you have nice diversity in your Campanellas-Topps, Bowman and locals. I tip my hat to you! Bravo!

Mario, those Kemps are gorgeous. Isn't it amazing how nice those Triple Thread cards look? They're thick card stock just like the Five Star line, yet for some reason, the Five Star cards have just lousy edges and corners. If I could get more thick card stock issues that looked like yours, I'd dive in headfirst. But they are so condition sensitive. I'm curious, did you get those from packs, or did you buy them individually?

BTW, I am going to add a 2005 Chrome Matt Kemp auto here very soon. I think now is the time to get it, as the price dipped a bit after a really good, but injury-shortened 2012. If he does what I think he's going to do in 2013, his Chrome auto is going to skyrocket again. In fact, I think I'll buy it a the end of this month. If I wait, he'll have another huge April like he did last season, hitting .455 with 12 HR, and my piggy bank will suffer as a result!

Royals-R-US, thank you, but I really don't do any trading of my cards. Anything I get is for my personal collection. I bought that Segura about an hour after the Brewers got him in the Greinke trade, and I'm actually going to start collecting him as part of my Brewers PC.

The triple threads were just good luck on ebay. I do take the pic off the ebay listing put it into photoshop, as using photoshop I can zoom in on corners and edges and around where the jersey is placed.
    Hidden Content
    ONLY SHIP ON MON & FRI UNLESS PWE. U.S. ONLY
    Dodgers: 1955, 1959, 1963, 1965, 1981, 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant #88 View Post
    The triple threads were just good luck on ebay. I do take the pic off the ebay listing put it into photoshop, as using photoshop I can zoom in on corners and edges and around where the jersey is placed.
    That's funny, I do the same thing. I also use the measure tool now to see how centered a card is. In preferences, under units and rulers, I set rulers to pixels. I set the ruler to just outside the card's edge, and measure to the inside of the border edge. Then, I pick up the ruler, and drag it to the opposite edge. Or, if I'm feeling frisky, I'll just measure all 4 individually.

I haven't had any of my cards graded yet, but it's nice to know that if I did, I would get a 9.5 on the majority of my Chrome collection, at least on the centering grade. The edges and corners are pretty close. The only subjective thing is the surface, and Chrome cards are notorious for scan lines, little nicks, etc. There are a few I want to replace, but for the most part, the buys I've made have come using that method.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post

I'm not hating on Grienke but, the Angels traded three of their better prospects for half of a year with Grienke. Plus it wasn't even a good half.
    My main PC Players: LUKE HOCHEVAR AND LOGAN MORRISON
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    Interested in older Royals also like: George Brett, Frank White, Bo Jackson, Brett Saberhagen

No it's ok, I agree with you. I hated losing Greinke, but long term, this could be a boon for the Brewers. Segura is going to be a stud, and I really like Hellweg's upside. I think Pena could be good out of the pen, too. Maybe a setup guy.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Here's mine in no particular order:
    First Yaz card I ever got!

Hard to find 1966 Topps Venezuelan issue

1964 Topps with the wrong back

2004 Throwback Threads with GU pieces in wrong spots

My very first true 1/1

Another rare Venezuelan issue, this one from 1968

An unpunched 1967 Topps Punchout featuring Carl in the lineup...not an easy find.

2005 Sweet Spot Classic Signatures....I just love the way these were done!

His final Topps card released during his career.

My favorite oddball!
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 549/3385 not including 1/1's (16.2%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 9/19 (47.4%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

AWESOME cards, yazfan! Love the '66 Venezuelan!
    Looking for all Roy Campanella cards: base, inserts, GU, anything I don't have is fair game.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast