Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ex-Senator Admits to Fathering Child With Other Senator's Daughter

http://news.yahoo.com/former-senator...F9BRkM-;_ylv=3

Former New Mexico Senator Pete Domenici revealed today that he fathered a son in an extramarital affair with another senator's daughter more than 30 years ago and has kept the secret since then, only telling his own family in the last "several months."

In a statement to the Albuquerque Journal, the 80-year-old Republican, who represented New Mexico for more than 30 years, said the mother of his son "made me pledge that we would never reveal that parenthood and I have tried to honor that pledge and so has she."

Domenici wrote that he was worried about the privacy of his son, a 34-year-old Nevada lawyer named Adam Laxalt, as well as the potential impact on Laxalt's mother, Michelle Laxalt, 58. Domenici has eight other children with his wife Nancy.

"My past action has caused hurt and disappointment to my wife, children, family, and others. For that I am solely responsible," Domenici, who still lives in Washington, D.C., said in the statement. "My family has been aware of these events for several months. I have apologized as best as I can to my wife, and we have worked together to strengthen our relationship. I deeply regret this and am very sorry for my behavior. I hope New Mexicans will view that my accomplishments for my beloved state outweigh my personal transgression."

Michelle Laxalt, the daughter of former U.S. senator and Nevada Gov. Paul Laxalt, is a former government relations consultant and lobbyist. Paul Laxalt was a U.S. senator from Nevada from 1974 to 1987 and served as chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Domenici told the newspaper he made the confession because he believed someone else was about to make the story public.

"Rather than have others breach this privacy, I have decided to make this statement today. These circumstances now compel me to reveal this situation," Domenici said.

Michelle Laxalt also put out a statement to the Albuquerque Journal, saying, "one night's mistake led to pregnancy more than 30 years ago.

"I chose to go through with that pregnancy, although other choices were available," Laxalt wrote. "I also chose to raise my child as a single parent. Given the fact that both my father and the father of my child were United States senators, I felt strongly that I would make this choice according to my values, and would not seek advice, input or permission. My interaction with my child's father consisted of telling him my decision, asking that he avail himself for health-related purposes, and asking that he agree that this remain private between the two of us."

She said she raised her son Adam "surrounded by love and joy and opportunity."

"I am proud of him, yet saddened that the circumstances of his birth might be used like a weapon to hurt many we love," Laxalt said in the statement. "Recently information has come to me that this sacred situation might be twisted, re-written out of whole cloth, and shopped to press outlets large and small in a vicious attempt to smear, hurt and diminish Pete Domenici, an honorable man, his extraordinary wife, Nancy, and other innocents. Why after more than 30 years, would anyone insinuate pain and ugliness where joy and beauty have presided?"

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not news.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What a shocker, a politician who runs around on his wife and has a child out of wedlock. I would have never seen that one coming.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

It sounds like an indescretion that was handled well by both individuals after the fact. Why someone would want to expose this 30 years later is puzzling.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

SCF Rewards
    Country

At least he took care of his son for all this time.

Not the right thing to do to his wife and other kids but it was handled properly.