Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

"Padding" My Chances for a Goaltending Museum: "Noodles" Anyone?

Hello everyone! Here is the moment that you have all been waiting for! While I have been slowly spending less and less on cards, I have begun to invest more and more into my future museum's inventory. The rules of the museum: all goalies, all NHL, all the time! I have acquired several significant jerseys, some very nice sticks, and even an OHL helmet of a one-game NHLer over the last couple of years, however, I have never actually added a piece of memorabilia that is extremely unique to the goaltending position. Players have sticks (different, but sticks nonetheless), players have jerseys, and gloves (again, different, but gloves nonetheless), however, none have leg pads like goalies do. Thanks to some great sources in the game-used hobby, I came across this set of Jamie "Noodles" McLennan game-worn pads.

These pads were worn by him in the latter part of the 2006-07 season, also his last season in the NHL (also worn in his last ever NHL game). Among the games this was worn in, these pads were worn during his ever-so-famous incident in the 2007 playoffs when he relieved Miikka Kiprusoff. In relief, McLennan slashed Red Wings forward Johan Franzen in the stomach. The result? In 13 seconds (that's right, seconds, not minutes) of ice-time, McLennan gained a total of 17 penalty minutes and an eventual five game suspension. Despite normally being a very sportsmanlike player throughout his career, this game in which his emotions got the better of him turned out to be the final one of his NHL career!

Included in this set of pictures is a great photo with the particular matching elements highlighted by myself with green circles.

Enjoy! Comments are always welcome, and encouraged. They are truly a beauty to behold in real life and I am very proud to own a set of game-worn pads.

Left pad up close:

Right pad up close:

If the pictures and the story didn't convince you who the pads belonged to :)

Photo with matches:

And here is the video of the incident I described earlier. Gotta love the pads on McLennan ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ha, those are sick! Noodles is a beauty. Great pick up!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Nice Pads!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

awesome pads. I remember watching that when it happened. amazing stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thanks for the comments everyone, always been a dream of mine to own game used pads, and not I do...many more will certainly come in the future.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great pickup for your collection, Bruce! Nice story to go with them as well. Are you planning on bidding on some game-used NHL masks on eBay? You occasionally see different ones there, both of current goalies but also retired greats.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thanks for the comment Ethan. I have thought about bidding on masks, however, those are the vanguards of goaltending memorabilia. The most expensive, the most sought after, the most 1/1. While I would love to own several, money is the thing holding me back from that at the moment.

SCF Rewards
    Country

those are sweet pads!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thank you! The comment is much appreciated!